I'm trying to make my theme to see how everything comes out for a beginner... ... 88xx Themes forum

jrhessey no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 theme doesn't show up in themes

Advertisement

I'm trying to make my theme to see how everything comes out for a beginner... Well I can download all themes OTA but mine. I have no problems getting other themes, I've hacked the file to get the other vendors themes, all no problems. When I download my them, I simply changed the banner to the 7100 version, to test the downloading and installing of the theme. I've changed the permissions and done a hard reboot, still the theme only shows up in my applications and not my themes. Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Here is a link to the theme I made...

http://www.thecatalystchurch.com/880...theme_test.jad
    Last edited by cp6169; 07-10-2007 at 11:48 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: 8830 theme doesn't show up in themes

Hi jrhessey,

A few ideas to look at? You may have tooo many themes installed try removing one to make room for the new theme or the ota file set (package) you uploaded and prepared for download is missing some of the files. Be sure to upload all the files that are exported along with the .jad file.

If other themes have installed ok there is not reason your should not. Also try installing with the desktop manager to see if that may work.

good luck

I tried another new theme and nothing. I've installed it OTA and through DM. They show up under applications, but not under themes. I unistalled 3 OTA themes, so I know there is enough space for 1 theme. One question, if I have an 8830 from Verizon, do I have to have an 8830 in the plazmic software, the plastics? Thanks for your help srl!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Using the 7100 base theme is likely to be your problem. Try using the 8700 base theme until plazmic comes out with a base theme for the 4.2 qwerty devices.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't have an option for the base 8700 theme. I just have the 8100 zen and icon theme. Maybe that's what is wrong. Where can I get the base 8700 theme?
    Last edited by jrhessey; 07-11-2007 at 11:36 AM.

I uninstalled Plazmic 4.2, installed Plazmic 4.1 and all works now, except for the meters in the themes. Does that sound right? Is there anyway I can get the qwerty based template into version 4.2?