Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by simona7 I don't know what else to do!!! I've tried downloading the ... 88xx Themes forum

simona7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242f3bd1

Re: 8800 OTA Themes

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by simona7
    I don't know what else to do!!! I've tried downloading the today purple universe theme, and i see it in the app list but can't activate. I have tried both Zip and OTA, have done a hard reboot, gone in and edited the permissions and still nothing.....I'm sooooo frustrated now....whatelse can i try?

Thanks
    Nicole
    YeaHHH!!! I FINALLY got it to work....don't i feel foolish now.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 88xx OTA Themes

simona ^^ what was wrong?

tom_fl no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8800 Theme Problems/Questions

The Vista theme iby RonF123 is great... one bug I found is that in non-RIM applications (google maps, Opera) the menu flashes but won't display. I guess this is typica of a microsoft related theme .

Please let me know if you find a fix.

If you are working on other themes I just wanted let you know I love the font choices and the clean feel of the theme.

Thanks

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by richcee
    Any help guys?
    sorry i missed this one richcee
    that is the banner battery meter and signal meter for the 8700 model and can actually be found in the plazmic catalog under program files

i can't believe you like those ugly wings

vilim.tomas no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I am using BB 8800 and I want to use the theme created by mikadad created for BB 8700. Could you please help me how to change it so that I can use with BB8800? Thanx, Tomas
    Attached Files Attached Files

ronf123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tom_fl
    The Vista theme iby RonF123 is great... one bug I found is that in non-RIM applications (google maps, Opera) the menu flashes but won't display. I guess this is typica of a microsoft related theme .

Please let me know if you find a fix.

If you are working on other themes I just wanted let you know I love the font choices and the clean feel of the theme.

Thanks
    Thanks tom_fl, I will use these fonts in my other themes.

It seems that some applications don't handle the transparent menus too well. Here is a version without transparent menus. I have included versions for both 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 88xx.

Thanks for letting me know about the bug.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ronf123; 09-08-2007 at 01:12 AM.

Aenoxi no está en línea Stack level 1

Can anyone tell me whether theme builder works with the 8820? Or just tell me what I'm doing wrong!

I've just spent the weekend working on a theme for my 8820 (CSL Hong Kong). It's an OS X Tiger theme based on the 8800 Dimension Icon template - yes I know, not very original, but a good sandbox to play around in while I learn the ropes.

After 2 days of photopshop png polishing and theme builder tweaking, I can't get the theme onto my handset

Theme builder says it exports properly, but when I try to upload the alx using the DM it tells me "No additional applications designed for your device were found". When I upload the jad and cod files to a web server and try to OTA, the Bberry browser just opens the jad file as a text page. Arghhhh! It makes no difference whether I export as 4.2.1 or 4.2.2.

I can load other people's OTA themes no problems.

I'm using:
    • Blackberry Desktop 4.2SP2;
    • J2SE Development Kit 5.0 (12);
    • Blackberry JDE 4.2.0;
    • Blackberry Email and MDS simulators 4.1.2;
    • Theme Builder 2.1.0.14 (from Plazmic CDK 4.2.2).
    I have temporarily posted the OTA theme to h, t, t, p, colon, slash, slash, aenoxi.is.dreaming.org (sorry I can't include a URL according to the forum rules).

Please let me know if it loads on your handheld (PS. the icon are all screwy in the current version - but hopefully once I see it on my handset I can get it working).

Many thanks!

PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Aenoxi - let's start with the first thing that caught my eye ... Does your server allow ota? Excuse me for not being able to *talk* techy but ur server/host has to be using apache to be able to host ota. You also need to place the .htaccess file on your server as well to host ota. SRL7741 is the best at setting this up - he could prolly help you Second it will matter how u export. What OS are you running on your bb? If it is 4.2.1.xx then the theme has to be exported to 4.2.1 to work. Do you have your current bb OS installed on your PC? That could make a diff too when loading the theme using DM.

Aenoxi no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for your help Cherri!

I had the wrong BB desktop software version installed. Doh!!!!!!

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!

Quote Originally Posted by richcee
    How do you change the banner image? I like the one that looks like wings for my 8800 but I have no idea where to get it and how to put it on. I saw it on a few of Cherri's 8800 themes.
    I don't have Theme Builder open in front of me (at my day job now), but I've created different banners and just replaced them in the banner panel of Theme Builder.

I can't really tell from your question whether you're trying to change the banner on your device, or in Theme Builder. It's possible in Theme Builder, but certainly not possible on your device.

HTH.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 09-10-2007 at 10:32 AM.

micahtheprophet no está en línea Stack level 1

okay i give up. i'm trying to load the ALX files that i've unzipped onto my blackberry just like the instructions say... but i keep getting the "No Additional Applications Designed For Your Device Were Found" error... WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!!?!?!

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

i suggest downloading the newest desktop manager and seeing if that solves the problem. if it doesnt, try downloading a different theme. the theme you are trying to download could be messed up.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service..._4dot2_sp2.jsp
    click for the latest desktop manager

micahtheprophet no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the newest one.

michaelsmall123 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

unzip alx and cod file to the same place eg desktop then when you use desktop application loader it will work !

geenyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32cbb762

Thumbs up Re: 8800 Theme Problems/Questions

hey anybody has a idea when new themes will be posted?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast