Do wireless headphones exist for Blackberry Pearl 8100? Please note, I am trying to stream ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

drad no está en línea Stack level 1

Wireless headphones exist for Blackberry Pearl 8100 to stream music via bluetooth

Advertisement

Do wireless headphones exist for Blackberry Pearl 8100?
    Please note, I am trying to stream the music via bluetooth and don’t want to use headset, but instead the headphones that go over the head. I’ve heard that for the wireless headphones to work, the phone need to support A2DP profile. So, my question is, which model of wireless headphones will work with Pearl and where is the best place to buy it. Also, please list the model number if you know.
    Thank you!

JLHowser no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Wireless headphones exist for Blackberry Pearl 8100 to stream music via bluetooth

Wireless is great, but you can not use them on an airline. All wireless transmissions must be shut off during flight according to the FAA. It would really suck to get these, and not be able to use them while travelling IMO.

Otherwise, very cool.
    "The Student has not learned until the Teacher has taught"

jare22bear no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Wireless headphones exist for Blackberry Pearl 8100 to stream music via bluetooth

Where Have You Found Wireless Headphones?

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by jare22bear
    Where Have You Found Wireless Headphones?
    They have a pair at my local Cingular store, but they don't work with the Pearl I was told.

GotPearl?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

This is the coolests bluetooth headphones I have ever used. The Motorola HT820...
    http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...6-20/ref=nosim

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    This is the coolests bluetooth headphones I have ever used. The Motorola HT820...
    http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...6-20/ref=nosim
    They don't work with the Pearl right?

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

The problem isn't that the headphones aren't A2DP compatible (they have to be in order for them to work, lol.)

The Pearl itself doesn't support A2DP, which means that no wireless headphones will work with the phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by XLiMBS
    The problem isn't that the headphones aren't A2DP compatible (they have to be in order for them to work, lol.)

The Pearl itself doesn't support A2DP, which means that no wireless headphones will work with the phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's what I thought.

Thanks,
    Gotpearl?

GabeBB no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't see a reason why RIM would not add A2DP in the future. The Bluetooth in the Pearl is already at version 2.0 with the Bluecore4 chip. Looking at the firmware it seems they used a product called BCHS to develop their Bluetooth firmware, that supports A2DP, it's only a question of RIM making the decision to include the A2DP profile. The 312MHz ARM9 CPU in the Pearl can easily do the conversion from mp3 to SBC. If we don't give and make our voice heard RIM might just do this.