I understand that I can plug in a Push To Talk (PTT) headset into a ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

will a PTT headset defeat bluetooth on a 7100i?

Advertisement

I understand that I can plug in a Push To Talk (PTT) headset into a blackberry 7100i in order to get a wired PTT button. Question is, will it defeat my ability to bluetooth to a stereo installed bluetooth device like a Parrot CK3000?

I'm so used to my motorola hard install kits with a wired PTT button that I had with my i95 and i830 I feel I need a PTT button. I'm thinking if I can use the bluetooth to get the audio into my stereo and cut the headphone off, then I can at least have my "PTT button". Now if I could only get back my charging and antenna like the motorola hard install kits have I'd be in heaven. The cost of upgrading I guess.

Thanks,

Roveer

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: will a PTT headset defeat bluetooth on a 7100i?

When the headset is plugged into the BB all sound will be transferred through the headset, you cant pick just the walkie talkie and let the rest go through the bluetooth. I understand how determined you are to get this working, and I have been racking my brain as well, but I cant figure out a way. Will keep you updated though.

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

I was hoping to get all the audio, direct connect and phone to go to the blue tooth and use the PTT headset just for the PTT button. I'm so used to my motorola hard install kit and the little black button that sits on my leg I don't feel I can live without it. If I mounted the blackberry right down by my right leg, then reception would suffer not to mention all the other stuff the motorola hard install kit gives just by plugging the phone into the cradle (charging, external antenna, loudspeaker, microphone and PTT button) I'm guessing I'm somewhat alone trying to have an integrated solution in my car espcecially when it pertains to nextel's direct connect features.

Still looking for ideas, but getting closer to moving the motorola hard install kit to my new car and living with my I830 outdated as it is with it's very limited data capabilities.

I do appreciate all responses I have received.

Regards,

Roveer

rnwjr no está en línea Stack level 1

Wired PTT for Blackberry 7100? Anyone have a link or model info??? I have never seen this before...

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

the wired ptt came with the phone when you bought it, atleast mine did

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Quote Originally Posted by Roveer View Post
    Now if I could only get back my charging and antenna like the motorola hard install kits have I'd be in heaven. The cost of upgrading I guess.
    I consider the change from an i880 to the 7100i a DOWNGRADE!