I have a 2gig micro memory chip in my Pearl and have mp3's loaded up ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Csolo22 no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there a way to listen to music media files through Bluetooth headset?

Advertisement

I have a 2gig micro memory chip in my Pearl and have mp3's loaded up in the music folder. Is there a way to listen to them through my Jabra BT130 bluetooth headset?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Is there a way to listen to music media files through Bluetooth headset?

No, pearl doesnt support bluetooth headsets for stereo music. Although there is a thread someone here that explains how to trick your phone but to be able to do so u have to go through hecka of a process everytime.

MagicFeather no está en línea Stack level 2

Not until RIM wakes up, smells the Apple scented coffee, and upgrades the software to support Bluetooth Stereo.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I forgot to mention that it is a software issue which mean it can anytime be updated.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Here is the trick they were talking about. First go to your music and hit menu and select play all. Then turn the volume all the way up. Then go into your browser and find a phone # that you can click on and says call (I use Cingular) and then as soon as it says conected it should be in your headset. If it says do you want to return to the browsing session don't click anything. The bad thing is you can't do anything else while listening to musc.

Note: Make the call from your BT headset.

Hope this helps,
    GP

MattDub22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e9b904

nice, i have a similar way, same results. I don't think this is an accident. i think there is hidden software in these "phones" we have. is there any other favorable features people have found that aren't list in th e apps?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

There's no "hidden software". All Blackberries are missing the required A2DP Bluetooth profile which enables this. RIM left it out for whatever reason. It's probably vestigial from when RIM was extremely cautious about security on the Blackberry.