Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Still happening byp me. Disconnects after inactivity but then turns off the Bluetooth radio. When ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Unexplainable Bluetooth problems with 8130!

Advertisement

Still happening byp me. Disconnects after inactivity but then turns off the Bluetooth radio. When I turn the headset back on it won't reconnect. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!

firegeek,

what kind of headset do you have?

i still haven't had any problems running .97 with a motorola h700.....even with the indicator off....i didn't do anything else but upgrade and the problem went away. hmmm. anyone have any ideas? cause now its bugging me.

akira751 no está en línea Stack level 2

No issues with my H700 even before update .97

PIN/ID
    ASK!

Just out of curiosity akira, did you have the blinking blue indicator light turned on or off?

Motorola h385 and a 505. Also happened when I had that jabra headset. It looks as though it timesout then I can't get the BT radio to automaticly reconnect. Seems that is what is going on now, which doesn't bother me for my short commutes but will on longer road trips. . ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by djdeerock View Post
    Just out of curiosity akira, did you have the blinking blue indicator light turned on or off?
    I never turned it off. Hope that helps.

PIN/ID
    ASK!

Quote Originally Posted by firegeek View Post
    Motorola h385 and a 505. Also happened when I had that jabra headset. It looks as though it timesout then I can't get the BT radio to automaticly reconnect. Seems that is what is going on now, which doesn't bother me for my short commutes but will on longer road trips. . ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thats exactly what my problem used to be, and now, about 3 days into loading the new OS, my problem is gone. I'm still at a loss for how it could have been anything, but this upgrade.

How long do you keep your bt on? Are you an all day wearer or just while driving? Wonder if it is a battery save feature? But seems as though the radio should reconnect when I power up the headset again.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASK!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I just use it while driving, but you are right, its just an annoyance on long drives. I thought the same thing about the reconnect. It just doesn't seem like a helpful feature without that. Did you try reloading the os? Its kind of a pain, but I just can't think of any other reason that the upgrade would help me and not you. Maybe it would be worth the half hour of time.

mikeyvon no está en línea Stack level 1

i have been working w/ RIM on this for about a month and they sent me the link to smithmicro.vzw for the latest update. The problem i'm having is installing it onto my phone. When i open the DM and click the app loader the software starts up and then stops and says that i'm running a dial up w/ my device. I have tried pulling the battery, tried shutting off all the data and transmissions. Does anyone else have this problem or better yet a solution to it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firegeek View Post
    How long do you keep your bt on? Are you an all day wearer or just while driving? Wonder if it is a battery save feature? But seems as though the radio should reconnect when I power up the headset again.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have not turned off my BT since I got my 8130 almost 3 weeks now. I use in my car and my headset and I send pics via BT to my co-workers PDAs.

thecafe no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem...

My 8130 is doing the same thing. But I do not think it started until after I turned the the "connection light" off. I just turned it back on and I will see if the bluetooth shuts off. BTW I am using Jawbone device...

thecafe no está en línea Stack level 1
    FYI, I was having the same problem after I turned the indicator light off. I have since turned the indicator light back on and have not had a disconnect/shut off since.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    I stopped using my Plantronics 655. None of the disconnection issues, just really bad sound quality. Much worse that with my 8700g. It's a shame really, I liked that BT. Callers couldn't hear me though.
    Andy

kellycarter no está en línea Stack level 1
    My comment is marginally related. I had not had a Bluetooth problem with my Verizon 8130 and a cheap BT earpiece, not with OS version 60 or 97. But then I just bought a GlobalSat BT-359 GPS, and didn't think I would EVER get it to pair up and stay connected for more than a few seconds. FINALLY, I reversed the roles of the phone and the GPS and it almost always connects the first time and stays connected. How? I set my 8130's BT option to be "discoverable" (by default that is disabled). Then, when I enabled BT on my 8130, I did NOT let it search for any BT devices. [Well, I had done that while I was struggling, so the 8130 had the GPS device "known" in its BT device list.] Lastly, I powered up the GPS and let IT take charge of connecting to the 8130 rather than vice versa. That was the trick.

I was about ready to return my GPS unit, but I'm satisifed now that I have found this trick. I plan on writing a review (within a week or so) of the GPS and explain all this with screenshots on my blog at http://blackberry8130.wordpress.com. I invite you to check it out.

Kelly Carter

P.S.--Now someone might object that leaving your phone's BT in "discoverable" mode might be a security risk. Maybe, I'm not sure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast