Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i do have my indicator blinking. i will say that i sometimes move too far ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

umanben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317f3afd

Re: Unexplainable Bluetooth problems with 8130!

Advertisement

i do have my indicator blinking. i will say that i sometimes move too far away from the phone while it sits at my desk when i'm at work and walk back closer, that may be why it doesn't time out. but at home i still haven't had the problem. i'll see if i can do some testing and figure out a potential setting i may have selected.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

I had this problem with the 8700 i used to have. the phone wouldnt shut off, but it would disconnect from my moto h 700 at random. I now have an 8300, and the same bluetooth and have not had it shut off once. I dont know if its a bb device problem or what.

PIN/ID
    317f3afd

Been playing around with the settings on Bluetooth and it does seem that when the indicator is off the Bluetooth disconnects. I would think it happens because the software is thinking the user wants to save battery life and therfore goes into power saving mode. Maybe there is a patch needed. Wish I could have been more help.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ no its definitely good to know that other people are expriencing the same thing and that I'm not crazy! I called my service provider and had them forward a formal message to rim in hopes that they will look at it and maybe put a patch in the next update. Maybe consider doing the same? Thanks!

greystealth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319DD34b

Try the new update just released by vzw. It has a lot of updates to the Bluetooth stack on the device.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3

I was just going to post that same thing about the new software upgrade.

Pinstripe no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the 8130 and the Motorola H700. It paired up smooth as silk and works great!

Occassionaly however, the 8130 will lock up when I try to use voice dialing. This happens with the 8130 holstered and using voice dial via bluetooth. I will get a white screen and the hourglass will just spin and spin. A hard reset fixes it but its strange that it only happens once in a while and I use the H700 bluetooth on a daily basis. I am on Sprint.

Maybe a future software upgrade will address some of the bluetooth issues.
    Randy
    Pearl 8130

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

woah!!! wait a minute!!!! you mean VZW just came out with a new OS release? Then why am I trying to DL the USCellular? BTW, I am on my third BlueTooth head set and it seems to be working fine. You just need to try out other headsets. I know, it is a Pain in the rear. Went through a Jabra, the HUMMER, and now the motorola. It all seems to be realated to the battery level of the BT headset.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

PIN/ID
    ASK!

Just installed the new OS....I'll post back when I get a chance to see how it affects the bluetooth....

PIN/ID
    ASK!

I played with the new OS last night, (Sidenote: it def. runs smoother!). It also appears that RIM has fixed this Bluetooth issue! I only complained to Verizon, insisting that they forward the info to RIM about 2 weeks ago, so, given the time frame, I would bet that they have had many other complaints. Either way, I haven't had any problems since upgrading! I can finally turn off that stupid blue light! If anyone has this problem, def. upgrade, and if you can't or don't want to for some reason, your best bet is to just go into your phone's Bluetooth options and make sure the indicator light is turned on. That should do the trick!

I had to say something. I upgraded to new vzw os and now I am having the same problem. Wonder if it is just the vzw os? Waiting for a tech on the phone as I type....;~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASK!

Wait...which version are you running? If it is the same problem with the indicator light....it should be fixed in version 4.3.0.97.

I am running the .97. I have deleted and repaired my headset. When I talked to the tier 2 guy at VZW he said that the bluetooth fix was for tethering with Mac's and with other devices, then again he wasn't a BB tech.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

PIN/ID
    317f3afd

The problem with being forced to leave the indicator light on shows up in the us cell os version i've been using so I don't think its limited to Verizon.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASK!

I better test it out again, but I was almost positive the update fixed the problem for me. I'll post back after some more messing around with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast