Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hey guys/girls, I just got an 8130 a few months back. I didn't start using ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!

Unexplainable Bluetooth problems with 8130!

Advertisement

Hey guys/girls,

I just got an 8130 a few months back. I didn't start using the bluetooth right away, but after a while, I decided to buy a headset. I got the Motorola h700, which was supposed to be compatible. It worked fine. It paired, made calls, etc. but after random periods of inactivity the bluetooth on the phone would just shut off. This was a pain in the butt when I want the phone in my pocket while driving. I never knew when the bluetooth would shut off!

Verizon tech people couldn't figure it out so they told me to take it to a store....
    The store couldn't figure it out so they decided it was a hardware issue and they gave me a new phone.

What do ya know....it did it with that one too. This further baffled Verizon.

Then I got another headset...the Jabra BT135...and it did the same thing!

Verizon basically gave up and said they don't have a clue. They issued a notice to RIM that there might be a problem with the 8130's that would need to be fixed in a new software update, (mine is up to date) but I cant help thinking that RIM would have caught an error this huge.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? I really want to use my bluetooth, but having it act so erratically doesn't even make it worth it to keep the headset.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Unexplainable Bluetooth problems with 8130!

I had the same BT problem with a 7105t and a Plantronics M2500 (about 3 years ago). It worked fine for a few days. Then it started disconnecting from the phone and dropping calls. I would hear a 2-3 beep warning and then the call just disconnected.

I got disgusted and chucked the BT and went back to using the wired headset or nothing at all until I got my Pearl and a Moto H500 which unfortunately I lost because I think the thing fell off my ear and I didn't know it (it had a habit of flopping around but otherwise I loved it).

I now have a Moto H680 and LOVE it. It's a snug, tight fit and works wonderful. Exceptional battery life for the few minutes I use it.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

How low is your BB battery when this happens? I've noticed that my 8830 will disconnect my Jawbone and shut off the phone bluetooth when I get under about 25%. If the phone battery is up I have no problems.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I keep my battery at 100% so I don't have any problems. And also, like I said, I only use a few minutes every month (only to get a ride to and from somwhere).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-09-2008 at 11:18 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

I have the Plantronics voyager 855 and have had no troubles with it and my 8130. I've only had the BT for about 10 days though but use it daily. Hopefully no trouble is coming my way! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3

I know there is an issue with a couple of the bluetooth stereo headsets and the pearl. But I havn't herd any issues with standard bluetooth headsets.

PIN/ID
    ASK!

Thanks for the suggestions....but my battery is usually between 70 and 100% full.....and the headset never drops calls....the bluetooth only turns off during periods of inactivity.

Searching around a bit....I found out that some people have had luck with fixing this problem by turning the led indicator (the blinking blue one for bluetooth) back on. I hate this light. It's annoying and it drains my battery, but......I haven't had any problems with my headset dropping the connection!

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know if a new patch/software update will be available to fix something like this? It seems like lots of crackberry.com users are experiencing this problem....but nobody on the stacks is.....

umanben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317f3afd

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Have you actually had the phone swapped out? I'm currently switching between a jawbone, Motorola s9, and an older plantronics 655 and have not had any type of problem like the one you're describing. I wish I could be of more help but you may have just gotten a bad apple.

PIN/ID
    ASK!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yes I have switched the phone. It didn't do me any good! I switched headsets as well. Umanben...do you have the blue, blinking in divatoe turned on or off?

PIN/ID
    ASK!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sorry I meant "indicator"

ChrisAG no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b2cf00

I have used the moto hs850 and the bb HS-655 with my 8100. I had no issue with the moto but did notice the disconnect with the 655. After observation i realized that the disconnect occurred when the headset or handset batt levels were low & assumed it to be a power saving feature. The HS-655 reconnects when the answer button is pressed though once or twice I have lost the call.
    The joy of life is increase by sharing it with others.

total1030 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have recently purchased the Jawbone headset and am experiencing the bluetooth being disabled as well. Reading this post I have decided to turn the LED indicator back on and will see if that fixes the problem.

PIN/ID
    ASK!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ in my case...and probably that of some others stackers...power levels are high on both devices. I contacted verizon and Motorola and both assured me that they could not figure out the problem and that it was not a hardware issue or an issue with a power save mode.total1030...what software version are you running? Let me know if the indicator truck works for you too...

PIN/ID
    ASK!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ lol sorry I meant trick...I suck at typing

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186

I'm having hell with this too, I have a samsung stereo headset that never gets shut off, a motorola stereo set that never gets shut off, but just got a blackberry/plantronics 655 and the stupid thing shuts itself off every 10-15 minutes, and it's the phone's BT turning off, not the headset, the BT won't turn back on without a battery pull more than once either.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast