Forever I've searched forums and the internet for instructions on how to use my Blackberry ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

croush no está en línea Stack level 1

U.S.Cellular Blackberry 8300 as tethered modem Mac OS X

Advertisement

Forever I've searched forums and the internet for instructions on how to use my Blackberry Curve as a modem with my Macbook running OS 10.5.5 Leopard. I kept getting that US Cellular doesn't support tethering, and that the Curve and OS 10.5 are incompatible anyway.

I figured out how this morning. :] SO I thought I'd post it somewhere to help someone else.

I followed a guide I found from googling "use blackberry as modem mac" (can't post links). For CID put 1, left APN and initial username and password on setup screen blank.

On the network preferences screen, I clicked bluetooth on the left, used #777 as phone number, yourphonenumber@uscc.com as the account name (be sure to include area code), and phonenumber for the password (again with area code). That was it, I have a strong, a bit faster than dial up connection. Been connected for two hours now and haven't lost connection. I'm posting this using the blackberry as a modem, actually. :]

whiloh no está en línea Stack level 1
    I would not recommend using your phone as a tethered modem without reading your carrier's end user licence agreement for data use. some carriers allow this, and bill minutes for the use, some carriers do not allow this due to the configuration if the network not currently set up to handle that type of service. the EULA should tell you what your carrier deems apropriate usage, and if the usage is allowed.

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f
    ok well do you know, where I can get the instuctions to set it up on a PC??? Ive been looking for it forever!!
    Shane "Swagg" Simon
    CEO/President
    Aiyam Entertainment
    "It's Got to be Bigger than Big"
    Shaneasimon@gmail.com
    Pin: 304FEB1F
    Myspace.com/xxmrmarvelousxx

willendorfchick no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Worked perfectly for me!

Thanks for posting this. It worked for me on Leopard and Snow Leopard.