Hi! If I get a bluetooth keyboard, can I type 'normally' or do I HAVE ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

mik
    mik no está en línea Stack level 2

Typing with a Bluetooth Keyboard?

Advertisement

Hi!

If I get a bluetooth keyboard, can I type 'normally' or do I HAVE to continue to use predictive text (I hope not :-)

Please advise

Thanks

Mik

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Typing with a Bluetooth Keyboard?

I would think with the BT keyboard you would type normally when using the keyboard.

Anyone know for sure?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mik, by Predictive Text, are you talking about Sure-Type? That is not really predictive text. Predictive text will complete a word based on just a few characters correctly typed, Sure type selects a word based on Keys pressed using a keyboard having multiple letters assigned to a specific key. But if you type normally using the full keyboard, it should recognize the characters correctly.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    mik, by Predictive Text, are you talking about Sure-Type? That is not really predictive text. Predictive text will complete a word based on just a few characters correctly typed, Sure type selects a word based on Keys pressed using a keyboard having multiple letters assigned to a specific key. But if you type normally using the full keyboard, it should recognize the characters correctly.

Rcbjr.
    You are wrong. You are talking about the iTap, which completes a word. T9 only chooses which letter will best fit the previous letters.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Hahaha I was just about to respond with Wow what a well put answer .... Then I see the next message hahaha

You're still right though and it is still a well composed answer itap is something diffrent. .... For those poor souls with regular phones hahaha

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I was going to ask why someone would buy the Pearl if they didnt like how it types ? Thats one of the MAJOR, if not THE major, thing to consider before getting the Pearl.

I had doubts myself but I am getting used to it. I am still not as fast as I was on the qwerty cell I switched from but am getting there.

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    I was going to ask why someone would buy the Pearl if they didnt like how it types ? Thats one of the MAJOR, if not THE major, thing to consider before getting the Pearl.

I had doubts myself but I am getting used to it. I am still not as fast as I was on the qwerty cell I switched from but am getting there.
    that was my main concern. i had purchased the sidekick for that purpose, but did not want to carry a brick arround. i then purchased the pearl. I found out that i can type quick, which i didnt expect, for not having a full keyboard.

mik
    mik no está en línea Stack level 2

>>I was going to ask why someone would buy the Pearl if they didnt like how it types ?

One can only know if one likes how it types by trying it....

I had (and still have) an 8700 specifically because it has a proper keyboard - I got the 'pearl' because it has some significant advantages but a big disadvantage of the keyboard. I hope I will get used to it and want to give that a serious' go'.

Matching it with a bluetooth keyboard could be an interesting compromise....

Mik

senna174 no está en línea Stack level 2

Mik - I am with you on this one and I switched to a SE M600i with BBC. I am happy.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so if you use a bluetooth keyboard , you just can't type like you would on a regular keyboard? That's odd. But ill try one from my work to see how it is.