Hi Folks, Thanks to yourselves I can now transfer pictures etc from my Nokia 6600 ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

stevethevet no está en línea Stack level 1

Transferring contacts via bluetooth.

Advertisement

Hi Folks,

Thanks to yourselves I can now transfer pictures etc from my Nokia 6600 to my BB Pearl 8100 by going into the required area, i.e. pictures, then menu and "receive via bluetooth".

My problem is that I can't transfer contact information, such as telephone numbers etc. The BB doesn't want to receive them although I can transfer contacts from the BB to the Nokia no problem. Does anybody know how I can do this please?

Encryption is disabled, trusted is yes, discoverable is yes.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Steve.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Transferring contacts via bluetooth.

Welcome to pinstack. I dont have a pearl so wont be much help, however Im bumping this for other pearl users.

Many thanks. I've read a couple of answers on other threads and spoke to T-Mobile and they all seem to suggest that BB won't accept Nokia contacts in the form of business cards. Looks like I might have to use a sim-reader.

Thanks again,
    Steve.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

My Pearl is down right now but I THINK you can transfer contact information via what's called a vCard. This has all of your contact's information in one place and can be sent between devices using BlueTooth or email.

Many thanks Erica. I shall look into it.

cesarhuynh no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same problem. My Pearl can't receive any data from another device via bluetooth. I try another BB, but it cant receive. How to i config the BB to receive data (ringtones, pic ...) from another divices. I think BB can send for another devices and that ok but not receive. Who cant help me for that.

cesarhuynh no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cesarhuynh
    i have the same problem. My Pearl can't receive any data from another device via bluetooth. I try another BB, but it cant receive. How to i config the BB to receive data (ringtones, pic ...) from another divices. I think BB can send for another devices and that ok but not receive. Who cant help me for that.
    Anyone help me, how BB can receive data from another (v3i, nokia 7610..)

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

i can't get it to work from my pearl to my curve. wtf?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

angeleyes are you going into the folder IE ringtones, pics. etc? and hitting recieve via BT?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Infinitymach no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30BEC5B6

I was visited by a friend today who had a "Motorola Q"...lovely phone externally. Fastforward to the topic, we both was using our bluetooth to exchange information(really he was gonna try to send and i was the reciever). If this would help, we went to my "General Settings" and disabled "content protection". Security options/ General Settings is the path. Hope this helps if any.
    P.S. we didnt connect... i typed in the wrong I.D. device Code(3 0's instead or doing it 4x's) . By the time i realized why he wasnt connecting or finding my device but was finding everything else... he had left to take care of some business. Could be wrong...but i found him or his Q with property details.

sguilliard no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2511e668

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I can receive contacts on my 8300 Curve using the 'receive file' (or whatever the exact name is) option in the media player. However, I'm unable to actually do anything with the vCard file like open it or import it into my contacts.

I also haven't been able to work out how to send a contact via Bluetooth; how do you save a contact in the phonebook as a vCard file? Are there some settings that I've overlooked?

It's bloody annoying as I would've expected the option to 'send via bluetooth' to be there in the address book alongside the other options such as sened via email etc.

If you can send a contact via email (which attaches a vCard file to the email) then why not via Bluetooth, or am I missing something here?

Madinat no está en línea Stack level 1

hi there, my understanding is that contacts could only be sent from one blackberry device to another, but there's nothing i could find on sending files that weren't media files. i'm so confused. for a smartphone, contact swap-ability seems to be THE DUMBEST thing to try to disable. i understand they wanna try to keep bluejacking to a minimum, but there should at least be a way to allow me to receive contacts like you can with music ???????

Filth no está en línea Stack level 1

I noticed no one quite figured out how to transfer contacts onto a blackberry from another phone model.
    I recently transferred the contacts from a Nokia N80 to a blackberry Curve 8300.

What you need yo do is, synchronize the nokia contacts with MS Outlook using the PC suite (one way to outlook). You would prefer an Outlook installation with no addressbook so you get only your contacts and no e-mails.

Next connect your blackberry, use the desktop software to synchronize Outlook contacts (one wat to the BB).
    You should have all your contacts back again.

Hope it helps.

beet1ebug no está en línea Stack level 1

Had I known that earlier I wouldn't have had to spend a couple of hours typing in all my contacts!

jenniferlewin502 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi Steve,
    Transferring contacts via Bluetooth from Nokia 6600 to BB Pearl 8100 is a very simple and time saving process, if you install Zebrost Phonebook Software in your both Nokia as well as BB. You can also transfer contacts simply by taking Backup of Nokia 6600 and import that backup to your Blackberry Pearl.

Jenny