You can send and receive files, using Bluetooth wireless technology, between Blackberry Pearl 8100 smartphones ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

bk1
    bk1 no está en línea Stack level 2

How to Transfer a File using Bluetooth between two BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphones

Advertisement

You can send and receive files, using Bluetooth wireless technology, between Blackberry Pearl 8100 smartphones by completing the following steps

1. Enable Bluetooth on your BlackBerry Pearl
    See the BlackBerry 8100 User Guide “Turn on Bluetooth Technology” section for instructions: http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=1271117&objAction=brows e&sort=name

2. Make the sending and receiving BlackBerry Pearl discoverable.
    See the BlackBerry 8100 User Guide “Make your BlackBerry Device Discoverable” section for instructions (refer to above link)

3. Pair the two BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphones.
    See the BlackBerry 8100 User Guide “Pair with a Bluetooth Enabled Device” section for instructions (refer to above link)

4. Set the Trusted field to Yes on both BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphones.
    • In the Bluetooth application, highlight the BlackBerry Pearl and press the Menu button
    • Select Device Properties
    • Set the Trusted field to Yes[
    • Press the Menu button and select Save
    • FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]
    5. Send and receive the transferred file

On the recipient’s BlackBerry Pearl:
    • On the Home screen click Media
    • Click a media type (Music, Video, Ring Tones, Pictures).
    • Press the Menu button and select Receive using Bluetooth. The File Transfer dialog box appears, followed by a prompt to Save or Cancel the file
    • Click Save to save the file to the current location or click the folder icon to save the file in a different location.
    On the Sender’s BlackBerry Pearl
    • On the Home screen click Media
    • Click the same media type selected on the recipient’s BlackBerry Pearl
    • Press the Menu button and select Send Using Bluetooth
    • When prompted to select a smartphone click the recipient’s BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphone3
    Last edited by bk1; 12-20-2006 at 12:02 PM. Reason: HTML SHOWED

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sweet write up. I had trouble at first. This will be a great resource for new users.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Thanks for the great info!

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Dude, you're a genious! I just cancelled my Zune order. Do you think the RIAA would approve of the filesharing activity? Better be careful.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Prophet_PVD no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CE081
    Is there any way to get File Transfer services on the Pearl?

When you are in the Device Properties field, it shows the services available, but there is no way to add any others that I can see. I would like to be able to browse to the Pearl and use the bluetooth link to transfer photos from it to my laptop... similar to how I used to do it on my Motorola.

bk1
    bk1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Prophet PVD,

I am an 8700 user and i found a 3rd party application at http://www.jiveslide.com/ that allows access to photos from flicker and yahoo. I am not sure if the 8100 is supported or not check it out...

jadameb no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to Transfer a File using Bluetooth between two BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphones

i have a 8800 and i can receive and send files via bluetooh but i just buy a motorola 880 (nextel) that has a camera and i dont know just in these phone i cant receive anything i can send but i dont receive what might be the problem.
    i did these

On the Home screen click Media
    Click a media type (Music, Video, Ring Tones, Pictures).
    Press the Menu button and select Receive using Bluetooth
    and it works with every phone but doesnt work with the nextel

please help and sorry for my english

mattress67 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to Transfer a File using Bluetooth between two BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartpho

I've transfered files between my Pearl and my Mac, but now I am having troubles with an MP3 file. Is there a size limitation or some other restriction I'm overlooking that is preventing me from doing what I've done with smaller files (pictures, documents, etc.)

bligui no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to Transfer a File using Bluetooth between two BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphones

Either i am dumb or something changed i tried this step by step to send a file from my wing to the Pearl and no go says file transfer error what ever i try be it a picture a vid or rington any one else with this issue??

exiii no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask
    going from a LG CU500 to a BB 8120, I keep getting "transfer failed".

works fine moving from the BB to the LG though.

It would be nice if I could move my addresses from the LG to my new phone, but without service on the old phone, I'm screwed.