Hey All, First of all I'm new to the blackberry scene and been looking thru ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

kayman no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Transfer contacts one by one via bluetooth?

Advertisement

Hey All,

First of all I'm new to the blackberry scene and been looking thru this forum for the past few days and its full of very valuable information and experienced people.

I have a Bluetooth car kit incorporated with my deck (pioneer AVH-DVD6850) I can transfer the whole phonebook to the unit however I don’t want to do that, I want to transfer my contacts individually picking which ones.

With my old phone (sharp SH-909)Basically I setup the Pioneer unit to accept information and then with the sharp select the contact and options then send via Bluetooth and select the device DONE. With the Pearl I only have the option to send the full phonebook ( I have way to many numbers for this and only want a select few.

so after all that blabber in short is there a way to send individual contacts via Bluetooth?

Thanks
    K

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Transfer contacts one by one via bluetooth?

Hello kayman, welcome to pinstack.

Unfortunately I hav no experience with the pearl, but I wanted to bump this to make sure your questions are answered.

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba

Re: Transfer contacts one by one via bluetooth?

BUMP! for the help. I am just aware of sending the entire Address book. It would be nice to just be able to send 1 contact.

In addition to the question in the first post, If someone where to ask your number/information... is there any way to send them something via BLUETOOTH? that way you can have your information stored and do an instand transfer to another BLUETOOTH device...

rjdennison no está en línea Stack level 1
    Doesn't look like it's possible, unfortunately.

Contacts in the address book can only be shared with Bluetooth enabled car kit

"Contacts cannot be shared with any other Bluetooth enabled devices (e.g., other BlackBerry devices, third-party Bluetooth enabled devices, or Bluetooth enabled laptop computers)"

bigwhite1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300b5abd
    you can add the address in an e-mail and then send it to the other device.

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    there is a way to send less than the whole address book.
    Go to options, then bluetooth, menu key, options.

under there is the option "Address Book Transfer" you can change this; however i have not tried what the other options mean, like hotlist.

and yes i know this an old post, but it appeared and i figured some1 might search for it so here ya go.