I need to know if anyone has been successful setting up the 8703e tethered via ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

JMayFL no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Tethered 8703e in Parallels / XP running on MacBook Pro (USB or Bluetooth)

Advertisement

I need to know if anyone has been successful setting up the 8703e tethered via USB to work in Parallels / XP on the MacBook? If so, I’d appreciate a step-by-step. Additionally, I’m not sure Parallels supports Bluetooth? If it does I’d love to connect via Bluetooth.

I have the data plan and I’m signed up for tethering with Verizon.

Any help is appreciated. Here's what I've tried without sucess....

USB:
    I’ve tried multiple times to detect WWAN and setup the 8703e device via USB, but VZ Access Manager (most recent version) reports (A wireless phone was not found). The Device Manager in XP sees the 8703e and indicates it’s working properly. I’ve uninstalled PocketMac on the mac OSX side as indicated by the Parallels forum without success. Also, per the Parallels forum, I’ve checked and unchecked (toggled on and off) the (Vendor Specific Ofca:0001) USB device in the USB controller in the bottom right of the Parallels screen (I hear and see the device connecting and disconnecting). I’m still unable to detect and set up the 8703e.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: Tethered 8703e in Parallels / XP running on MacBook Pro (USB or Bluetooth)

try a hard reset on the bb, also have you tried it with bootcamp, from what I have heard parallels has had a hard time for allowing tethering

LittleFont no está en línea Stack level 1

LittleFont no está en línea Stack level 1

This mentions using a Bluetooth enabled Blackberry as a wireless modem on Windows and OS X, but no mention of Parallels.

Requirements Pulse requires a Bluetooth-enabled Blackberry with standard internet access and a Bluetooth-enabled PC or Macintosh to work.