My Storm successfully pairs and connects to the OnStar device in my Chevy Avalanche, but ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

Storm drops Bluetooth connection to OnStar

Advertisement

My Storm successfully pairs and connects to the OnStar device in my Chevy Avalanche, but after about 30 seconds, the connection is unceremoniously dropped for no reason. The phone has not been moved (right up front where they recommend). OnStar and Chevy believe that there is nothing wrong with their BT onboard device and point their collective finger at the Storm. My wife's LG works fine with OnStar, so it does tend to incriminate the Storm. (There is nothing on topic in the BT forum)

Any ideas why the connection is lost and what to do to fix it?

Thanks!

Edit:

Found a possible lead in another forum:

Ask your [GM] dealer for the latest TMB concerning bluetooth and the connection problems with a mobile phone. They knew exactly what I was talking about, after doing 5 minutes of searching their information from GM. Here is the Bulletin # if anyone needs it: #08-08-46-008"

I'll try this next.
    Last edited by IHateMyTreo; 12-07-2009 at 02:25 AM. Reason: New Info

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    UPDATE: Flashing the OnStar software did not help. I think it is a RIM/Storm problem with OnStar because my other phones pair with OnStar and stay connected. And the Storm connects with other bluetooth devices without incident.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    Does any car with onstar have the bluetooth conectivity? I have an '08 grand prix