I have a verizon 8330. The audio player is great, now I only carry the ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D

Stero Bluetooth VS Wired Stero headset

Advertisement

I have a verizon 8330. The audio player is great, now I only carry the BB and not the IPOD also.
    The stero headphones that come with the 8330 have pretty decent sound and they are loud enough to use on the train and plane. PROBLEM IS I HATE THE CORDS!!
    So I have been trying out Bluetooth stero headphones. I dont want the over the ear model, I like being able to remove one ear bud when people talk to me and such. So far I have found the sound quality having allot to be desired from the units I have tried.
    First I tried the Plantronics 8xx(855 i believe). It looks great, has two small earbuds so you dont look like an uber geek. My problem was the sound quality, its very tinny and has a static rattle in the background of songs. Some songs you cannot even hear the bass or drums even exist. The ear buds go in your ear canal and seal like a vacuum, it become uncomfortable after a while as well as the fact you can hear yourself breath and swallow as lound as the music. I ate a granola bar and could not hear the music at all. Bottom Line, great looks, feel can become annoying and uncomfortable, sound was not so good for me.
    Next I tried the Jabra 8010 this week. The sound is somewhat better, still tinny and still some distortion/rattle/static in background. If it were sound alone I would probably still not keep the Jabra and use my wired set but it gets worse. The Jabra earpieces are big suckers and both ear pieces look the same. You look like the Uber Geek Cyborg wearing them to walk at the mall or listen on the plane. I actually felt imbarresed wearing them. So they seem a no go to me.
    So gang I am looking for some of your experiance. Is it even possable to get wired earbud/headset quality from a bluetooth device that I can use for stero listening as well as phone functions?
    I have stayed away from the over the ear or behnd the neck models. if I use them as a hands free driving device it become obvious I have both ears plugged with the headset. The highway police dont look favorably on that, and I have been known to push the speed limit as it is I dont need to give them another reason to pull me over and chat. I dont seem to be able to find an earbud style blutooth that has good, rich sound.
    Suggestions, comments, experiance is welcome, thanks all.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Sorry - I love my ultra geeky iphono Mini headset- wireless bluetooth stereo headset which lets me take a call, change the song, raise the volume ... all while leaving the phone on the treadmill- works amazingly-

will post link juuuuuust in case you wanna. Check it out -hold on lemme turn my laptop on

you can get them in white or black

or there is even a small dongle you can attach to your ipod and Voila! oh and i use it for my SKYPE sessions too!

sssshhhhhhhheeeeeeck-it-out:

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

click here -------> i-phono mini

or on the pic
    Last edited by mcm180; 06-19-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: add photo and link from my lappy.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    oh and here's another one that you might like better . i haven't tried but may buy it within the next two weeks . more conspicuous design. a whole let less geeky. heheheh

if anybody else has tried this .. please enlighten us.

bluetooth dog-tag

Last edited by mcm180; 06-19-2008 at 01:36 PM.
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Sorry, I love my over-the-ear Moto S9...awesome sound and LOUD!!!!

IMG00260.jpg
    Last edited by Jbee; 06-19-2008 at 04:44 PM.

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D
    I have heard the Moto set has good sound, just hard to wear when I can only have one ear covered.
    The iphone set looks like they are hefty enough to have great sound, they are tempting, but they would qualify as uber geek. Uber geek probably sounds better than the super sleek unfortunatly. How do they work with one ear uncovered, i want to use them as a hands free unit for car use but both ears covered is not legal in allot of states.
    The next ones i try may also be the bluetooth dog tag, maybe then i can use a good set of wired ear buds with the bluetooth. I would have to tie up some of the cables, dont want them hanging all over and catching on things.
    Keep the ideas coming, the iphone set was new to me.....

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by mcm180 View Post
    oh and here's another one that you might like better . i haven't tried but may buy it within the next two weeks . more conspicuous design. a whole let less geeky. heheheh

if anybody else has tried this .. please enlighten us.

bluetooth dog-tag

i have this set.i got it because i thought it would be pretty cool....but then i realized i would rather have a wire a little bit longer and attach it to my phone rather than attach it to a necklace and not have to bother with bluetooth connectivity.