This is my first BB. The guy at the TMO store said that one nice ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Stereo Bluetooth?

Advertisement

This is my first BB. The guy at the TMO store said that one nice thing about the pearl is it has the new stereo bluetooth. I'm looking for a Bluetooth to purchase.

What is this new feature and is it worth paying extra for it?

Any suggestions?

I found the new bluetooth Blackberry advertises: BlackBerry 8100 HS-655 Bluetooth Headset ($139.99).

It is advertised as having Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology which maximizes sound quality and reduces background noise. Is this the new feature TMO is referring to? It also says it uses cutting-edge technology from Plantronics. So....

I also found Plantronics Discovery 640E Bluetooth Headset for BlackBerry Pearl ($69.95).

They both look similar to each other. Would the HS-655 be much better than the 640E?

I've never purchased a Bluetooth before and could really use imput.

THANKS!

LGV2006 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Stereo Bluetooth?

There are all kinds of bluetooth headsets out there with a wide price range. I would find something that fits your price range and try it. Make sure that you are able to return it (TMO gives you 14-days or so). Comfort, clarity, fit, are all in the "ear" of the beholder...

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

I was under the impression very few bluetooth headsets were working with the pearl LGV

LGV2006 no está en línea Stack level 2

Agreed if you are referring to stereo BT headphones. The ones that tecrishon referred to are actually mono headsets.

Oh he was mentioning the new stereo bluetooth headsets in his first sentence figured he meant that

NYDrummer no está en línea Stack level 1

not sure about your question, but I will tell you this. I have the plantronics discovery 640E and love it so far, especially because the volume goes louder than on the pearl. i find that the pearl when used with the stock earpiece was pretty low. everyone heard me fine though, but i could barey hear them. my advice is go to cnet.com and search their bluetooth reviews. that's what i did.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

i wasn't sure if they were mono or stereo. the guy who sold me the pearl at TMO mentioned something about it having a stereo bluetooth, which was new. i wasn't sure what that was, but maybe has was referring to the "mono" (??)

thanks guys -- sounds like i have a decision ahead of me.

The stereo bluetooth headset will allow you to listen to your media (music, videos, etc) via the bluetooth earpiece, as well as talk/listen to phone calls... the mono ones as far as I know only allow you to listen/talk on phonecalls.

~Eric

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm sorry, but I can't recommend a specific device, but I did read a post on here about a Bluetooth headset/stereo headphones for only about $30 and the stacker had a very positive review of it. Do a search of the posts on this site and maybe you can find it. All I know is $170 is a helluva lot to pay. Good luck.

pburgess no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Stereo Bluetooth?

I have the BB Pearl and have bought two seperate pairs of stereo bluetooth headphones. They do not work. The first pair were Spyder bluetooth and their just stereo headphones/they didn't work unless you initialize the media player during a call and when you disconnect the call you will hear stereo sound for a brief second ( It also works during the call...In stereo! THIS SHOWS THE HANDHELD IS CAPABLE OF STREAMING STEREO SOUND). I now have the Blueant stereo bluetooth headphones and only bought them because they come with an audio streamer. They costed $145.00 after me talking the salesman down a few bucks and making him drop the sales tax. They are awesome but in order to use them with the blackberry pearl I had to buy a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter from Verizon wireless store. I connect the streamer to the adapter and the adapter to the phone. you can barely tell I have a wired connection and this is just until Rim or someone else releases a software A2DP update for the BB pearl OS.