Hi Folks, I've had the time settings on my 8700v go whacko a couple of ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

ccunning no está en línea Stack level 1

SNTP Client on the Blackberry

Advertisement

Hi Folks,

I've had the time settings on my 8700v go whacko a couple of times, so I went out searching for a nice little SNTP client to allow me to sync to various time servers. No go, wasn't able to find a single one. Am I just a lousy searcher, or are there actually no SNTP clients available for some technical reason on the RIM/Blackberry platform?

ccunning

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: SNTP Client on the Blackberry

I know that the CDMA phone sync themselves to the towers. I would think that other carriers would to the same thing too.
    If you go to Options - Date/Time. Do you see a option called Date/Time Source. If so change to Network. This should fix the problem. This also will change the time as you travel too.

ccunning no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: SNTP Client on the Blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson
    I know that the CDMA phone sync themselves to the towers. I would think that other carriers would to the same thing too.
    If you go to Options - Date/Time. Do you see a option called Date/Time Source. If so change to Network. This should fix the problem. This also will change the time as you travel too.
    Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work over here (Germany, Vodafone Network). Changing the Date/Time Source only nets me an error message stating "Network time unavailable". That's why I've been poking around for an SNTP client.

ccunning