I had to get a new sim card last week. I am looking for a ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Sharing Address Book with Paired Bluetooth Device

Advertisement

I had to get a new sim card last week. I am looking for a way to transfer my entire address book to my sim card. I have been unsuccessful in finding this information. I went into help under the address book and it gives you several options

• Add contacts
    • Manage contacts
    • Create mailing lists
    • Manage mailing lists
    • Manage contacts in mailing lists
    • Add a phone tune for a contact and so on...
    I selected manage contacts and it takes me to a page that says:

Manage Contacts and at the bottom of the page under Relatic Topic:
    • Share your address book with a paired Bluetooth enabled device
    I selected the above option then it takes me to a page that says:
    • In the Bluetooth options, in the Address Book Transfer field, perform one of the following actions
    • To share all the contacts in your blackberry device address book, select All Entries.
    • To share contacts that you have had contact with recently over the phone select Hotlist Only.
    I have paired my 7290 in the past with my 7100T (when I owned one) but I was not aware that I could have transferred the entire address book from my 7290 to the 7100T.

Has anyone ever tried this and if so was it a successful transfer? I'll be getting my 8700 in about 3 weeks, and since my sim card is now empty I would like to know if I will be able to transfer my address book from my 7290 to the new 8700g via bluetooth. Or can I transfer contacts with other paired bluetooth devices, uummmm...

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Sharing Address Book with Paired Bluetooth Device

Never tried this one.... my husband heard about BT hackers on TV and has been freaked out about it.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

tjhammerhead no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Never tried this one.... my husband heard about BT hackers on TV and has been freaked out about it.
    As far as Bluejacking goes, the majority of bluejackers are not harmful or malicious.

To the OP I do not believe you can BT transfer on the BB. I think that feature is disabled. I just attempted a BT transfer between a V3 and my 7100t. My Razr will see the BB, but the BB can't see the V3.

Maybe somebody that knows more about the BB can shed a little more light on the process.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You cannot transfer data between BBs or a BB and any other phone with Bluetooth, but you can sync with a PC with Bluetooth if it has compatible drivers. Additionally, the BB doesn't store the Address Book on your SIM Card. You can save Contacts to the SIM Card from your Address Book, but I think it's only one at at time.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

mrbibidy no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that sucks, there isn't even an application that can transfer the entire address book to the SIM?

granthao no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

How do I transfer all contacts from 1 Blackbery8100 to another Blackberry8100 through Blutooth? Both devices are paired but the option "transfer address book" doesn't appear. Thanks

benthestone no está en línea Stack level 1

I have similiar issue in UK. T-mobile issued replacement phone due to damage. I now need to transfer all contacts from old to new, however i cannot see a bluetooth option. The PC software does not use address books? any ideas

CoDudette no está en línea Stack level 1
    my bb 8100 needs to be replaced. however, for the stipulated time of me not having the bb, i need to transfer my contacts to a temp phone..say a v3 or even a sony ericsson. however, i cannot, for the life of me figure out how to do this.. any help would be greatly appreciated!