Hello all, I'm in need of some help here and I hope to find it ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

mikew no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Share internet connection via bluetooth with another phone?

Hello all, I'm in need of some help here and I hope to find it with this post. I have a Pearl and a Dash, both are on T-Mobile. The Pearl is my primary phone of course, but I use a Prepaid SIM card in the Dash to only receive SMS text messages for free from my fiancee in The Philippines. I can't reply with SMS text on the Dash as it is too expensive unless I'm using the Wi-Fi or connected to my home PC via Bluetooth.

I use mig33 on the Pearl through the EDGE connection to reply with SMS to her and I would like a way to provide the Dash with an internet connection when I'm not around my home network or another Wi-Fi connection in the area.

Now the question, is it possible to pair both the Pearl and the Dash together and jump the EDGE connection from the Pearl to the Dash? I know you can share the internet connection on the Pearl via Bluetooth with a PC and since the Dash has Windows Mobile I'm wondering if it will work with it. I've tried to do it, but I haven't figured out the proper configuration to make it work.

Thanks for your help...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask
    mike, I seriously doubt if this can be done. That is quite an unusual situation.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Mi|enko no está en línea Stack level 2
    What about using Yahoo Messenger for Blackberry? If I'm not mistaken, it only uses the data, and not the SMS. Don't know what her situation is though.