My buddy tried sending me ringtones but it never works it says that I can't. ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Jeanca no está en línea Stack level 2

ringtones via bluetooth

Advertisement

My buddy tried sending me ringtones but it never works it says that I can't. Does anybody know why?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: ringtones via bluetooth

I dont have the 8100, but Ive heard it is very possible. Just make sure both devices are discoverable. Hope someone will chip in here and give some good advice.

t.brock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: ringtones via bluetooth---HERE IS WHO TO DO IT

make sure that the other phone is discoverable then take you BB pearl and go to set up bluetooth, search for the other phone, once you have been paired with the phone..
    IF your sending a file to the other phone do this----go to where the is located, scroll to the file. once on the file hit the menu key, scroll to where it says send using bluetooth, select that...
    If your trying to receive a file form another phone, you have to go through the set up process again, if your already paired to that phone...to go to where you want to store the file, it doesnt matter if there is something highlighted there, just hit the menu key and scroll to where it say recieve using bluetooth and then select that, and send it from the other phone...
    that all there is to it...any problem check back...
    Thumbs must hurt....
    Crackberry addict........
    Give the lazy man a hard job to do, and he will find the easy way to do it!!!

ubiytza no está en línea Stack level 1

when trying to send files from the blackberry (8100 and 8700) to a different phone, after some figgiting with the phone, I was able to transfer files. (pretty much the same way as discussed above). However, could not transfer files from BB to BB.
    Usually, when someone is trying to send files to me, it says: "service is not supported"

sanjayg no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I paired my 8800 Peal with my laptop via bluetooth, and I tried to send a music file to my mobile, so I went to the music folder and said recieve via bluetooth and when the transfer was starting after I clicked ok on my device, it says straight away "Transfer Failed". Do yo know why this happens?? Kind Regards

elpinto88 no está en línea Stack level 1

My buddy tried sending me ringtones but it never works it says that I can't. Does anybody know why?
    i have that same problem it says connection failed on the other phone i can send but i cant recieve

noquota no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the very same problem! I can send ringtones but can't receive. Can you point me in the right direction as to setting up my phone to receive? I have a Pearl 8100.

Nevermind. I just found the answer here:

7577-bluetooth problems.html

I can't post URL's so I can't give you the link. I'm a newb!!

READ THIS THREAD TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!!

On the recipient’s BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphone
    1. On the Home screen, click Media.
    2. Click a media type (Music, Video, Ring Tones, Pictures).
    3. Press the Menu button and select Receive using Bluetooth. The File Transfer dialog box appears, followed by a prompt to Save or Cancel the file.
    4. Click Save to save the file to the current location, or click the folder icon to save the file in a different location.
    On the sender’s BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphone
    1. On the Home screen, click Media.
    2. Click the same media type selected on the recipient’s BlackBerry Pearl.
    3. Press the Menu button and select Send Using Bluetooth.
    4. When prompted to select a smartphone, click the recipient’s BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphone.
    Last edited by noquota; 01-15-2008 at 12:22 AM.

Trill Fam no está en línea Stack level 1

After i click save on my BB 8100 it says filename contains invalid character which disallows me to receive it. Can you help me? This **** is driving me crazy

ThisFlyGuy no está en línea Stack level 2

strange, i'd like to know as well.............

ecvmartz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trill Fam View Post
    After i click save on my BB 8100 it says filename contains invalid character which disallows me to receive it. Can you help me? This **** is driving me crazy
    I have tried to change it with differany combos (numbers, letters, as is)
    Does not work please help thanks