Hello All, I am new to the Blackberry scene but I must say I am ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Alloush no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20516E

Question for Bluetooth and Others / New User

Advertisement

Hello All,

I am new to the Blackberry scene but I must say I am very impressed, and this site has been very helpful thus far, so thanks to everyone for that.

My first concern is about Bluetooth on the BB Pearl. I cannot get it to work to transfer files, pictures or videos in or out of my phone. I do not know if I am taking the wrong directions in my process or if everyone is having a problem with this.

Second, I am on the Rogers network. I got my phone 7 days ago and I was wondering if I have the newest upgrades. I mean am I using the newest OS and other applications, or should I be looking for more? I understand T-Mobile just caught up with Rogers today with the upgrade they offered. Is this correct? I purchased a 1 GB Card because I was under the impression the BB Pearl did not support more. But now I see that it does. Am I safe to go get the 2 GB Card?

Next, I was very into modding my Motorola, I was with Motorola religiously and up to now I think Blackberry has made me switch faiths. Are there interesting things that I can do with my phone cosmetically or concerning the speaker for Mp3s and such?

Finally, I enjoy being VERY organized with my phone and the files in it. I was wondering if it was possible to go into the phone and 1. reorganize the files so they better suit my OCD and 2. Am I able to delete the preloaded media so I can get rid of the clutter?

My apologies for the length of the post, I am just so excited to get started and you all seem to have so much knowledge. I just want to catch up! Thanks for all of your help and keep up the great work and information sharing!

Thanks again, Alloush.
    v4.2.0.51 / Platform 2.2.0.32 (does this info mean anything for this post?)

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

#1 - go into Bluetooth setup; there should be an icon for this on your homescreen. If not, then from the homescreen --> Options --> Bluetooth --> Menu button --> select Options --> at the bottom of that screen there is a field called "Services", ensure you have Obex file exchange (or something to that extent), if the Services only have Headset and Handsfree, then you will NOT be able to transfer files via Bluetooth. Are you on BES? If so, the default IT policy is to disable obex. Contact your BES admin if you want obex enabled.

#2 - I am with Rogers as well. The Rogers OS, which you have indicated, is the only one issued for Rogers. Though you can install any carrier OS you wish, I would recommend against doing so, as if (when) you have problems, you may be refused service as you modified the OS to an unsupported version. In addition, if you ever need to send your Pearl back on exchange for some defect, having a non-Rogers OS will most definitely void Rogers hassle-free exchange program (which they do in fact have for BlackBerry devices, though not actively advertised). When they receive your model back and discover the other OS, you can most certainly expect to see the full cost of purchasing a new Pearl without discount on your next invoice.

#3 - 1 GB or 2 GB card? Doesn't really matter. Depends solely on your needs. The 2 GB card is supported on the Rogers OS.

#4 - do not expect the level of Moto-mod-hacks on the BlackBerry. In fact, expect no modding ability at all, in comparison to a Moto. Sure, there may be some hacks somewhere (though I've found none), but if you wish for your BlackBerry to function, just leave it all alone. The BlackBerry OS is quite outstanding, and you won't be able to "unlock" much on a BlackBerry, as you would on a Moto. (I speak from much experience!!)

As for "organising", you can do as you wish with your own files.

Stock files are locked and you probably won't be able to remove them.

#5 - the speaker....sucks. The 7130g likely had the BEST speaker on any BlackBerry I've had, or heard from any other models I didn't own. There is a thread somewhere on Pinstack about drilling small holes in the battery cover over the speaker to allow the sound out. There is a slight improvement, however, the speaker is krap already, so it's only an improvement on krap. Chacun ŕ son goűt.

Hope that helps! If you've got questions, feel free to PIN me, or get me on BlackBerry Messenger.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Alloush, Welcome to PinStack.

Looks like Lewis has you covered here. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Alloush no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20516E
    You guys are all amazing, thank you so much for the information you provided me; very in-depth and right to the point. Just what I needed.

You will be seeing me around here more often I am sure.

Thanks again, Alloush.