I have a Pearl on my Canadian Rogers account. i paired it with my new ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

stony30 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Pearl Bluetooth Sync on Rogers

Advertisement

I have a Pearl on my Canadian Rogers account. i paired it with my new laptop. The services that show up are:
    Headset
    Bluetooth Serial Port
    PIM Item Transfer

The problem is that i can't get desktop manager to recognize the phone via Bluetooth. Has anyone done this? is it even possible?
    I would really like to get this to work if it is possible, then i can stop always reaching for the darn cables.

Todd

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Pearl Bluetooth Sync on Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by stony30
    I have a Pearl on my Canadian Rogers account. i paired it with my new laptop. The services that show up are:
    Headset
    Bluetooth Serial Port
    PIM Item Transfer

The problem is that i can't get desktop manager to recognize the phone via Bluetooth. Has anyone done this? is it even possible?
    I would really like to get this to work if it is possible, then i can stop always reaching for the darn cables.

Todd
    not sure with the pearl if it's still the same as it used to be. You have to enable bluetooth support in DTM, but it'll only give you this option if DTM recognises your bluetooth stack, and it used to only recognise the Windows built in stack. Hence if you used toshiba stack or something else, you coudn't do this.

It's been a while (since the launch of the 8700) since i looked at this tho, so it might have changed. (or i might just be plain wrong).

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

What brand laptop is it? I ask because depending on the Bluetooth Stack you have installed on your laptop you might not be able to sync directly with DM with it.

What you should find out is it the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack that is installed on your system, as it is the only compatible bluetooth stack that DM Manager will recognize. If its any other BT Stack I don't believe DM Manager will work for you via a Bluetooth connection.

At home I use something other then the MS BT Stack but I cannot recall the name right now. I tried installing both stacks so I could use DM but only one can be installed at a time. I was able to complete some basic sync'ing using the other parties BT Stack - for example I could sync my address book.

If you search around on Bluetooth Stacks and Blackberry either on these forums or Google you should find more information.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bbriand
    What brand laptop is it? I ask because depending on the Bluetooth Stack you have installed on your laptop you might not be able to sync directly with DM with it.

What you should find out is it the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack that is installed on your system, as it is the only compatible bluetooth stack that DM Manager will recognize. If its any other BT Stack I don't believe DM Manager will work for you via a Bluetooth connection.

At home I use something other then the MS BT Stack but I cannot recall the name right now. I tried installing both stacks so I could use DM but only one can be installed at a time. I was able to complete some basic sync'ing using the other parties BT Stack - for example I could sync my address book.

If you search around on Bluetooth Stacks and Blackberry either on these forums or Google you should find more information.

Bill
    thanks Bill, you've restored my faith in my grey matter

hehe I was thinking the same thing. You beat submitting me by 1 minute though

I forgot to note that there was a reason why I did not keep the MS BT Stack installed but I cannot recall why at the moment. I think it had something to do with file transfers between the PC and phone and possibly the fact I wanted to pair a BT Headset with my PC.

I have a feeling that if you transfer a lot of files or have large amounts of data to sync that you'll use BT for a short time because its neat but quickly go back to a USB cable as its WAY faster. Plus when you connect the phone to a device using BT you drain the battery very quickly and will have to plug it in anyhow if you often have BT connected.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bbriand
    hehe I was thinking the same thing. You beat submitting me by 1 minute though

I forgot to note that there was a reason why I did not keep the MS BT Stack installed but I cannot recall why at the moment. I think it had something to do with file transfers between the PC and phone and possibly the fact I wanted to pair a BT Headset with my PC.

I have a feeling that if you transfer a lot of files or have large amounts of data to sync that you'll use BT for a short time because its neat but quickly go back to a USB cable as its WAY faster. Plus when you connect the phone to a device using BT you drain the battery very quickly and will have to plug it in anyhow if you often have BT connected.

Bill
    Totally, for all that having no cables is great, somehow using cables is just better. This applies not just to BT, but most things IMHO e.g. LAN's, peripherals etc...

stony30 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have just bought an IBM T60 87445BU. what it had installed was a Bluetooth Enhanced driver which gave it a driver for the BCM2045B. now that i uninstalled IBM's bluetooth stack, i can't find a driver for the BCM2045B. if you have a link to the download for the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack, i will surely give that a try.
    Todd

If you look at the top of this thread you'll see a sction titled:
    "Similar Threads for: Pearl Bluetooth Sync on Rogers..."

In there are links to related threads. At least one of them describes what you're asking, like this one:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nectivity.html

This should work although you may need to modify an INF drivers file in some cases. Let us know how it works out.

Bill

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

Getting rid of your vendor's BT stack and replacing it with MS XP2 stack is pretty difficult. I have an HP Tablet PC tc1100 and frankly, I could not get the MS stack to work - I am thinking it has something to do with the tablet PC extensions because other people have had some success.

It is freaking lame that only the MS BT stack works with desktop manager.

josemariano no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by stony30
    i have just bought an IBM T60 87445BU. what it had installed was a Bluetooth Enhanced driver which gave it a driver for the BCM2045B. now that i uninstalled IBM's bluetooth stack, i can't find a driver for the BCM2045B. if you have a link to the download for the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack, i will surely give that a try.
    Todd
    I have the same laptop t60 and a blackberry pearl. I want to sync both wirelessly via bluetooth. I read that removing the original drivers for Bluetooth would enable me to use the Microsoft drivers, which seem to be the only compatible ones with blackberry.
    Any idea on how to fix this?
    thank you