Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In order to pair a BlackBerry device enabled with Bluetooth wireless technology and a Bluetooth ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Pairing BlackBerry devices with Bluetooth enabled devices

Advertisement

In order to pair a BlackBerry device enabled with Bluetooth wireless technology and a Bluetooth enabled device (e.g., a Bluetooth enabled headset), the Bluetooth enabled device must be in pairing mode. Most Bluetooth enabled devices are not set to pairing mode by default. Refer to your Bluetooth enabled device manual for instructions on how to set the Bluetooth enabled device to pairing mode.

To pair the BlackBerry device with another Bluetooth enabled device
    Complete the following steps:
    1. On the BlackBerry device, click Options > Bluetooth. If you cannot find the Bluetooth option, see KB03402.
    2. Open the menu and select Add Device. The Select Device list appears and lists Bluetooth enabled devices that are in range and available to be paired.

Note: Only BlackBerry devices enabled with Bluetooth wireless technology and that are in range and in pairing mode will appear in the available Select Device list.

3. Select the Bluetooth enabled device with which you are pairing. The Enter passkey dialog appears.
    4. Type the passkey to authenticate the Bluetooth enabled device. Most Bluetooth enabled devices contain a hard coded passkey. See your Bluetooth enabled device manual for the passkey. Note: 0000 is the universal passkey for pairing any Bluetooth enabled device with a BlackBerry device.

Note: Once a Bluetooth enabled device is paired, it appears in the Paired Devices list. The Bluetooth enabled device will no longer appear in the Select Device list.

lineus no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Pairing BlackBerry devices with Bluetooth enabled devices

I have a following question about using BT headset:

Is there any way to transfer calls from BB to headset without having it permanently connected? If headset is always "on-line" (blue LED blinking, two arrows next to BT logo) it works perfect but battery life of both devices goes down pretty fast.
    What I remeber from SE phones there was a "stand by" option where I could have BT active in phone and headset but they get connected only when call comes in and disconnected after call is finished.
    As far as I could understand in case of BB after BT connection is established during the call it will stay on forever and only option is manually disconnect headset..
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    BB Pearl+1GbMicroSD+PalmLD+4GbSD+BT Holux GPS

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

I have a question regarding other Blue Tooth enabled devices. I've paired my 8800 with some friends' phones (one BB 8700 and others non-BB). I can send media files (in my case I sent a pic) TO the non-BB mobiles, but the 8700 won't receive any files being transfered via Blue Tooth, and no one can seem to send me any files on my 8800. Is there some setting that I need to alter on the 8800 to receive files via Blue Tooth? And is the 8700 capable of file transfer via Blue Tooth at all?
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

you need to be in the corresponding file, IE ringtone, got to ringtone and hit menu then recieve via BT.
    for songs the same, 8700 doesn't have an mp3 player unless you have OS 4.2. most don't
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cool, thanx kayos!

Cushie no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi

I have a Samsung E900 and am trying to send music (mp3) and a picture file to my BB Pearl 8100. I have tried the advice of going to the music folder and clicking on receive via Bluetooth, but all that happens is my Samsung displays a message of connecting, whilst the BB says waiting for connection. I have paired the two, but can't get them to transfer

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

welcome to the stacks cushie.
    the message waiting for connection means there is no paired device.

or there is a chance you may not be able to. I know some people have had issues with certain phone?
    hope this help
    Last edited by kayos72; 06-20-2007 at 11:39 AM.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Cushie no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Pairing BlackBerry devices with Bluetooth enabled devices

Thanks, but before attempting to transfer, I successfully paired them i.e. in Bluetooth options added the Samsung as a new device. Then went to the Music folder, and clicked on Receive via Bluetooth, but no joy.

Am I just doing something in the wrong order?
    Last edited by Cushie; 06-20-2007 at 12:29 PM.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : Pairing BlackBerry devices with Bluetooth enabled devices

But you had to send itvia bluetooth from your samsung
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

mimakeko no está en línea Stack level 1

What is the best BT device for the BB

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    I have an bb 8700 and I'm having bluetooth trouble,it tells me no matter what I do, "cannot pair with device" I don't know if its me or what, but can someone help, and tell me what I'm doing wrong..

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

somestimes a simple battery pull will reset the phone and the bt and make it pairable once more
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

as to the samsung question above> i have noticed that some of the samsungs with out mp3 players will not connect to anything besides a bt headset
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Dsaint no está en línea Stack level 1

is there any way to stream music via bluetooth? i got the motorola s9, i can make and receive calls just fine but i cannot listen to the media player.

8700cpreacher no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi I am new here and new to blackberries. I have a 8700c and I have upgraded the software to the new version 4.2.1. I have tried to connect it with a palm t-3. They see each other but I cannot send a memo note to the blackberry. Is what I am trying to do possible?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast