Hi there, Does anyone know if you can successfully pair a Pearl with a 2004 ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Mmmikey no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl pairing with 2004 BMW 330Ci

Advertisement

Hi there,
    Does anyone know if you can successfully pair a Pearl with a 2004 BMW 330Ci?

oheckno no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31E75692

Re: Pairing a Pearl with a BMW 330Ci

To the best of my knowledge, getting a blackberry to sync with a Bimmer requires:

1. No "Groups" in your address book. Your Bimmer likes 1 big list of numbers.
    2. No "letters" or "symbols" in any "Phone Number" field. "-", "(", and ")" appear to be OK though.

Once your phonebook is organized to the car's liking, following the pairing instructions detailed in previous posts and you should be good to go.

Is that what you're looking for, or is there something more specific?

A friend got her bluetooth to hook up with her 335, and it would discover, pair, then drop, then pair again. It did it over and over, but it would never stay connected long enough to even try to make a call. We finally got it to work, though. The key was to TURN OFF "ADDRESS BOOK TRANSFER" in the "Bluetooth Options" menu on the Blackberry. It looks like some incompatibility between how BMW asks for the address book and how the Blackberry communicates it.
    “Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.”
    -Winnie The Pooh

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Pearl pairing with 2004 BMW 330Ci

Yes you can, I have paired several 8800's and 8100's to BMW's 3series, 5 series and 7 series, ranging in in model years from 04 to present. The kicker is this, in the earlier models (pre-Idrive), the car must have the navigation option. All I-Drive models are kosher.

C.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Pearl pairing with 2004 BMW 330Ci

see your other thread for this question http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...bmw_330ci.html
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Smile Re: Pairing a Pearl with a BMW 330Ci

Many thanks for your suggestions. I'll try them and advise success or not. Cheers, Mike

Smile Re: Pearl pairing with 2004 BMW 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by caustic View Post
    Yes you can, I have paired several 8800's and 8100's to BMW's 3series, 5 series and 7 series, ranging in in model years from 04 to present. The kicker is this, in the earlier models (pre-Idrive), the car must have the navigation option. All I-Drive models are kosher.

C.
    thanks for your suggestion. My 2004 model is pre-iDrive and when I tried to pair, it did not have the navigation option, but I'm getting that installed. I'll try to pair then and let you know. Cheers, Mike