Someone want to give some step by steps how to pair a BB to a ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Pairing a BB to any OTHER device

Advertisement

Someone want to give some step by steps how to pair a BB to a WM device and an iPhone.....I think this would be a good "sticky" to have for future reference......

I've had issues before, and would like to have a quick reference guide to refer back to when needed, I'm sure others would find this useful as well.....

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    That would be interesting subject as I've had some trouble trying to pair my BB with my friends Samsung. It never seems to recognize my device when I go into pairing mode.

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    I've been able to pair with an LG8350 but alas you cannot transfer files or address books because they are different kind of OSes. Also the bluetooth services have to be on an equal basis.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    So, NO ONE with the knowledge wants to give any step by steps for fellow stackers to reference????

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    I tried playing with an iphone bluetooth but could not get it to link up with my bb. Sorry
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    What are you trying to do when you pair them up? Send contacts? Pictures? Ringtones?

For example, if you are trying to send ringtones via BT from a Blackberry to a Blackberry, one device has to be set to discoverable. Once you get the device added, If you want to send a ringtone to the other person, they have to go into media and set their device to receive.

If you are expecting a simple 2 way transmission, that is not going to happen. Hope that helps.