I have a Blackberry 8100 and i'm a mac user I can use pocketmac to ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Fender177 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BAA3F

OS X Address Book and Bluetooth

Advertisement

I have a Blackberry 8100 and i'm a mac user

I can use pocketmac to sync my contacts and such... However, I was setting up my computer to use my phone as a modem and when I did so I noticed the properties of my bluetooth said that it can synch contacts with my phone. So I opened address book and there is the blue tooth icon... I activate it, and it pairs -- however, when I try to send a contact I get the message that my pearl doesn't have the necessary services.
    Usually when I get that message it is because I have to tell my phone to accept an incoming transfer...

ideas?

oswaldo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208324D7

Re: OS X Address Book and Bluetooth

RIM does not like mac users. I think that will never change.

ebradlee10 no está en línea Stack level 1

There is a Pinstack Mac board, check it out...

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The Bluetooth icon-button in Address Book is for initiating a Bluetooth session to send SMS from Address Book. This is only supported by certain models of phones, typically Nokia and Sony-Ericsson (Symbian OS).

You should be able to use the Pearl as a modem, but only if you are not on BES, as the default is to disable all Bluetooth functions. (Why? "Security".)

There is no support from RIM for Bluetooth transfer of anything from a BlackBerry to a Mac. This is RIM's fault for not provisioning the BlackBerry with REAL Bluetooth. They instead put crippled software on their devices to appeal to the corporate IT sector. This will NEVER change (at least in our lifetimes!).

The only way for you to sync is through PocketMac.

Fender177 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BAA3F

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There is no support from RIM for Bluetooth transfer of anything from a BlackBerry to a Mac. This is RIM's fault for not provisioning the BlackBerry with REAL Bluetooth. They instead put crippled software on their devices to appeal to the corporate IT sector. This will NEVER change (at least in our lifetimes!).
    Not true -- well, maybe partially true. If you're talking in the way of synching contacts via bluetooth, yes, that's correct... But, if you mean files such as video, mp3 and pictures, that's not correct. I'm able to send files to my pearlfrom my mac.

If you're unable to, try this.
    Get an image to send to your pearl.
    Go to the bluetooth menu in your menu bar and click send file.
    Select your pearl in the list. BEFORE you click send, open up your pictures folder on your pearl and click menu > Receive using bluetooth.
    Now click send on your mac. You will get a prompt on your pearl for a filename to save as. voila.

Now, I was careful to only say pearl, as my pearl is the only BB that I've played with.

As of now I'm 60% satisfied with the compatibility. Obviously, there isn't enough... But 60% of what I wanted to do is solved. File transfers, BT Modem, and I can send my contacts FROM my pearl TO my mac via bluetooth... Just can't send them back!

Thanks for the responses!

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Quote Originally Posted by Fender177
    Not true -- well, maybe partially true. If you're talking in the way of synching contacts via bluetooth, yes, that's correct... But, if you mean files such as video, mp3 and pictures, that's not correct. I'm able to send files to my pearlfrom my mac.

If you're unable to, try this.
    Get an image to send to your pearl.
    Go to the bluetooth menu in your menu bar and click send file.
    Select your pearl in the list. BEFORE you click send, open up your pictures folder on your pearl and click menu > Receive using bluetooth.
    Now click send on your mac. You will get a prompt on your pearl for a filename to save as. voila.

Now, I was careful to only say pearl, as my pearl is the only BB that I've played with.

As of now I'm 60% satisfied with the compatibility. Obviously, there isn't enough... But 60% of what I wanted to do is solved. File transfers, BT Modem, and I can send my contacts FROM my pearl TO my mac via bluetooth... Just can't send them back!

Thanks for the responses!
    Ahh I see. The other day I was trying to connect my Pearl through BT. Having come from a RAZR and SLVR, I was always able to browse through the folders of the phone through BT. It seems as though that ability is not present on the Pearl, but, we can still transfer files from the Mac to the BB via the method you presented above.