Hi all, wondering if anyone has the same problem or could offer some advise. Just ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

leejackson no está en línea Stack level 1

Nokia Bluetooth headset and pearl pair problem

Advertisement

Hi all, wondering if anyone has the same problem or could offer some advise.

Just tried to connect my Nokia Bluetooth HDW-3 headset to my blackberry pearl. It finds the device, attempts to pair with but then does nothing.

help? :cry:

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

hootie311 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EF9D15
    it should work..

leejackson no está en línea Stack level 1
    Neither have a password on, the headset does work as it can be used in an in car bluetooth system fine.

Any recommendations for headsets in case I have to purchase a new one?

kingwiggins no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23eb2055

Re: Nokia Bluetooth headset and pearl pair problem

The headset should have a password... I have not used a Nokia but all other brands I have used have one. Both of my BT headsets, one a Motorola and the the other an Ericcson, have a password of 0000. Once the password is entered it should connect.

ajmasala no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Nokia Bluetooth headset and pearl pair problem

I agree with kingwiggins. The default password on the BT headsets is usually 0000. I would try pairing again. When turned on the headset should go into search mode. Turn on BT on the pearl simultaneously, Add Device and select the BT headset from the list - when prompted for the password enter 0000.

If that doesnt work, you might want to do a reset procedure on the headset (refer to your headset manual - it usually involves some obscure combination of keys while doing the hokey pokey). This will delete any stored pairing information. Of course, you would also lose the pairing with your in-car BT system and would have to re-establish that pairing.

If you do decide to go with a new BT headset - I recently bought a BH 800 Nokia and am generally happy with it - I do miss the folding boom design of my old motorola but the nokia has much better sound quality and a smaller (imho better) form factor. It also fits my ear comfortably - YMMV. Other reviewers have complained about the in-ear design causing discomfort.

HTH.