OK not sure if this is the right forum but I had my 8830 working ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Nnyan no está en línea Stack level 1

No Services for Laptop

Advertisement

OK not sure if this is the right forum but I had my 8830 working as a Bluetooth Modem and a USB tethered modem with no issues (Sprint). My BB crashed and reset and I had to re-load from a backup and reconfigure. I got the DUN connection setup, I can sync via usb/BT to the desktop, the BT Modem show up in the laptop and I can query it. It can open the port and dials (#777) but then I get the following message:

Error: 678: The remote computer did not respond....

I noticed that when I look at the laptop in the 8830's paired devices my laptop shows no services. I could be remembering this wrong but I thought I had services in there (I had to remove the Lenovo BT stack and use the MS stack just not sure how to tell if that's still true).

another issue I've noticed is that with my BT headset I could initiate voice calling by holding down the button but now it will not do that. Only thing that I get is the 8830 prompt saying that the connection to the headset was successful (even thought its set to be auto).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Just checking since this isn't mentioned, did you add your username (usually phone number@sprintpcs.com) and password "sprint" to the other boxes? Or this is the Alltel username and password configuration anyhow.

Do you have your firewall turned on on the PC from which you are connecting?

Also, have confirmed you have latest OS installed on the BB. I have an 8830 and connect it to my Mac via BT and use it as a modem when needed.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Nnyan no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've tried this both ways (with and without password and firewall off). This was working fine for weeks but I think the issue is that there are no dun services listed, not sure how to add services.