So um guys, I just can't get it to work. My phone's bluetooth is on ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

MeisterDon no está en línea Stack level 2

Need help pairing sony ericsson hbh-ds970

Advertisement

So um guys, I just can't get it to work. My phone's bluetooth is on and I've set it so that it's discoverable (I know for sure it is because my brother's phone can find it), but my phone and the headset can't find each other. I'm sorry this is my first device and I'm not quite sure what the hell I'm supposed to do. Help would be greatly appreciated if you need to know something please ask.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Most headsets require you to put them in pairing mode. Are you sure you're doing hat? You have to hold the "talk" button for a certain period of time to put it in pairing mode. Did the headset come with a "quick start" guide? That would tell you what you need to do to get the device in pairing mode.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Instructions for pairing your headset with your device

1. Make sure that Bluetooth™ is enabled on your phone and that it is visible to other devices (please refer to the User Guide of your phone to do this). Also, make sure that the phone is close to the headset, maximum 20 cm.

2. Make sure that the headset is turned off and in singlepoint mode.

3. Press and hold the On/Off button for at least five seconds, until you hear a long beep after the first signal. Now the headset is in pairing mode.

4. If your phone supports autopairing, all you have to do now is to press Yes when the question “Add device” appears in the phone. If not, you have to prepare your phone for adding a new device according to the phone user guide.
    Your device is now paired and ready to use.
    Last edited by RogerG; 09-17-2008 at 09:58 PM.