Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My 8130, with the built-in player, paired easily with the Jabra BT3030 stereo headset. The ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

My 8130, with the built-in player, paired easily with the Jabra BT3030 stereo headset. The OP has an 8100, so I don't know if it is A2DP.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I could be wrong, but I think the 8130 and 8220 are the only two Pearls that are A2DP capable.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    The 8120 has the option for a2dp
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

Thanks, Dragon.

ColinMac no está en línea Stack level 1
    Kind of off topic but the Blackberry bluetooth puck is a cool device to have as well.
    It's basically a small bluetooth devive that plugs into your stereo via a supplied RCA to 3.5mm headphone plug
    Connect to the puck via your bluetooth bb and voila! Music plays through your stereo.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by ColinMac; 01-09-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: spelling

tiagoped no está en línea Stack level 2
    Okay I understand everything you guys are saying with just getting a stereo Bluetooth Headset but your missing the point. I have a Motorola h350, yes its mono. I want a free media player that will play the music through my Headset that I have. Its obviously possible if it works through the Headset with the dollars5 mediaplayer. So don't keep saying get a new Headset. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by tiagoped View Post
    Okay I understand everything you guys are saying with just getting a stereo Bluetooth Headset but your missing the point. I have a Motorola h350, yes its mono. I want a free media player that will play the music through my Headset that I have. Its obviously possible if it works through the Headset with the dollars5 mediaplayer. So don't keep saying get a new Headset. Right?
    It doesn't matter if you have a free media player or one that costs 30 bucks a month. If your device does not support A2DP then you won't be able to listen to music through a Bluetooth headset. That's what you need to find out for certain.

tiagoped no está en línea Stack level 2
    First of all like I said, and will repeat again IT PLAYS MUSIC THROUGH MY HEADSET with that media player. How do. I find out if it supports A2DP?

First of all like I said, and will repeat again IT PLAYS MUSIC THROUGH MY HEADSET with that media player. How do. I find out if it supports A2DP?
    Do you have the manual for your 8100? Specs for connectivity to Bluetooth would be listed there, and/or on the RIM website.

Okay, sorry we misunderstood you, tiagoped! So all you're doing then is looking for a free version of software to listen to music in the same way. I am not aware of anything like that for free.

According to RIM, A2DP is a new feature in OS4.5 for the 8100.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...#tab_tab_pearl

Great find, Treo!

There ya go, tiagoped! Just upgrade your device OS and you should be able to listen to music then though the canned media player on your devce.

Click on the FAQ link in my signature and you'll find a thread with the latest OS versions for your device as well as a thread with instructions on how to do the upgrade. If you have a media card, remove that prior to your upgrade.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Roger

tiagoped,

At the bottom of the page that Treo linked, there's a link to go ahead and update your device. Click on that and then you should just be able to connect your device to the PC and do the uprade from there.

Cheers,
    Roger

Oh, but you WILL need to buy an A2DP stereo headset after the upgrade!

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is there a free music player for blackberry that will allow you to listen through your Bluetooth Headset. I have a blackberry pearl
    Well to answer your original question and from the looks of the rest of these posts, no. You can try and research for one. Nobody here obviously knows any bluetooth compatible music player for free.

So plain and simple. Your pearl is obviously A2DP compatible so if you really want to listen to music through a bluetooth, you'd have to get an A2DP compatible bluetooth. There's really no win-win situation.

My suggestion is that you should just stick with the stereo headphones.
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast