Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

You stated you are able to listen to music on your HP500. Is that with ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Vikk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E75DC9

Smile Re: MP3 with Bluetooth

Advertisement

You stated you are able to listen to music on your HP500. Is that with the Pearl. I tried and was unsuccessful

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Re: MP3 with Bluetooth

there was a post on here somewhere that someone found a way to use a standard bluetooth phone headset to listen to your mp3s on the bb pearl. I'm not positive on the details but you are supposed to go to the folder and select play all in folder and then open your browser and find a phone number link (someone said they used pizza hut listings and then just bookmarked the page for easy acesss) slect the link to call through your bluetooth headset and then hang up - and DONT PUSH ANYOTHER BUTTONS. it will bring up a waring about re-opening the browser or closing the browser or something like that. if you push any button it will stop it from working. So, untill you push a button it will go through the headset. I tried it out and it did work. Its a lot to go through but it worked.

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

I think we can all agree that the unit is correctly wired, it's a matter of the bluetooth stack on the device being expanded to include A2DP. There are a few things on the device that you can do by "tricking it." .wav files for example as audio attachments in an email. You can play them, but you have to go through your browser to login to your email client, open the attachment and the media player will open to play the file........ Yet, the email client on the device can't call the media player...... bad design? just plain weird? combination of both? I dunno.

incoon no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by MickPick
    Yes but the original question was can you play Music through a mono Bluetooth Headset, the answer is NO. In order for a phone/device to play music through a bluetooth headset you must have a phone/device with A2DP technology and a stereo headset with A2DP technology.

What is A2DP technology?

A2DP technology is a music revolution that lets one listen to music without the hassle of wires via bluetooth. example the Jabra BT 620s is a stereo Bluetooth Headset with A2DP.

A2DP compatible phones and PDA’s (Updated November, 2006)

Dopod
    838Pro
    Eten
    M600
    HP iPAQ
    I-mate
    JasJam
    Smartflip
    LG
    KU800
    KU830
    TU500
    U890
    U300
    U400
    Motorola
    E1070
    E770
    K1
    Q
    ROKR E2
    V1075
    V3x
    V3xx
    V6 maxx
    Z3
    Nokia
    8800 (version 3.60
    and above)
    N95
    O2
    Atom
    Atom Pure
    Atom Exec
    Samsung
    A701
    D600
    D820
    D520
    D820
    E770
    P300
    P300
    Z400
    Z500
    Z510
    Sony Ericsson
    K610i
    K800i
    M600i
    P990
    V630i
    W710i
    W850i
    W950i
    Z610i
    I have a motorola V3 and i brought a new motorola H700 headset can ANYONE please help me figure out how to play music on it thats like the only reason i brought it.

well i hope some 1 will help me thank u

staplesking no está en línea Stack level 1

anyone know if the 7100i can do MP3?

ronstoppable no está en línea Stack level 1

Just as a heads up, i heard rumor out of the RIM blackberry department at the T-mobile call center that i work at, and it is that RIM is getting set to release a software update for the 8100 that has the A2DP programming in it.... so as soo as that is released, we won't have to be "tangled" in all these "threads" to get stereo music... just so ya know... the new update is set to be released sometime in late march.... hopefully...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Below is the instructions on how to listen to mp3's via bluetooth.

you have to do it in this order and exactly or it will stop.

1.open media and play music i play all and shuffle.

2.open your browser.

3.go to google and query anything that will give you a phone number link to call from the browser. (i googled road conditions phone number)

4.go to phone number and highlight it.

5. click trackball

6. click again to confirm to call the number.

7. once you are connected just hang up before first ring ends.

8.music in your ear.

make sure you do NOT go back to browser session. don't touch anything. the volume on the pearl up and down will work but dont hit the ball or return.

basically all you can do is listen to the music you can't advance or browse or anything or you lose the connection. if a call comes in while listening after the call you will have to repeat 1-8 again.

It's not perfect but it works and i'm sure with future os releases it will be built into the phone.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

thanks ron! nice little secret
    and welcome to pinstack!

ps. love the name!

Anthonyx66 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask4it

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I use a wired stereo headset that I got from verizon to listen to mp3's on my pearl. It works pretty well if you don't mind being wired.
    Yeah i think the same way now the only problem i need a cable that has a 2.5 to 2.5 on both ends to pair my motorola bluetooth headphones with the pearl, i rather listen to my music in a good quality cause although at the moment im doing the browser trick its still not that satisfying to listen its ok for now,, ill get the wire or the small converter later at radioshack

ronstoppable no está en línea Stack level 1

i haven't found the 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm mini jack converter at radioshack. at least not one that will allow a stereo headset... i keep gettng told that it has to have 3 lines on the jack for it to play in stereo.. all i find at radioshack are converters with 2. I googled the topic, and ifound that SEIDIO that has an adapter that allows you to use any headset with the pearl. so i ordered it, and it works beastifully... they have one tha has a mic built in, but i haven't tried it, so no clues as to how well that works.....
    ---ronnie

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

has anyone found a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm converter that will play in stereo? does it truly have to have 3 lines on the jack???? please provide a link if you have one :-)

i would rather use my pearl for my music files while in the car than fumbling with the iPod and one more thing laying around in my vehicle...

k1stunr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404AC13

i just bought the seidio 2.5 to 3.5 without mic and it works and is stereo you can get it off of the pinstack acc store

krtek no está en línea Stack level 2

I've bought 2,5 to 3,5 mm stereo jack and it doesn't work. Now I see, that i need 4lines 2,5 to 3,5 stereo jack. Ordered it from e-bay for 0,99$ (without postage )and waiting for it.

curious1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E47DC8

Is there software to play mp3 from BT HS

curious1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E47DC8

the answer is actually you can listen to music through BT HS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast