If you have ever had the problem where your bluetooth headset would stop initiating voicecommand? ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

sdowney83 no está en línea Stack level 2

*UPDATED* Mp3 Through Bluetooth Bug

Advertisement

If you have ever had the problem where your bluetooth headset would stop initiating voicecommand? Next time it does that go to play an mp3, and then press the button on your bluetooth headset and....

Tada... mp3 over bluetooth...

Im not sure what causes this error, but it has happened several times...

anyone else have this,for lack of better terms, problem, or know how to "induce" it?
    Last edited by sdowney83; 11-11-2006 at 02:39 AM.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    "problem where your bluetooth headset with stop initiating voice command"?

what problem and how do i try this out? i want to see if it works on mine.

does the whole mp3 play, or just part?

well... to start with, I work at a cellular store, and our boss wants us to have our bluetooth headsets on all the time. So having it linked a lot may or may not have something to do with it.

Next, Ive noticed that it seemed to have happened after accessing a lot of different programs while connected to my bluetooth headset. Even as far as viewing different things while in a call. Only after doing that have I had the "problem". Eventually, for some reason, voice command stops coming up when I press the button on my headset.

Once it does that, i just open an mp3, then click the button on my headset, and I can hear the songs...

and its not just a clip, its the full songs. Im aware of the 1 second bug, and thats why i decided to give it a shot... and amazingly it worked... im gonna mess with it tomorrow at work and see if I can cause it to happen...

Okay... I'm typing from my blackberry as we speak...

Here's another way to prove it can work...

1. Make sure your Bluetooth headset is connected to your pearl.

2. Open an mp3 in the media player.

3. Call your Voicemail. (or any number, but you will be placing the call on hold, so best to call that than a person)

4. Hit the menu key and place the call on hold.

5. Hit the menu key again and then click the option to view the homescreen.

6. Click on the media player.

7. Hit play and viola... You have Bluetooth...

The only sucky part of this method is that it will only work as long as the call is on hold... The original big I found involved no call whatsoever... I still have to find out how to cause it to happen that way...

I also discovered that turning off the Bluetooth then restarting Bluetooth during the original big stopped it from happening.

I am also using the BB Dimension Icon theme.

Phew... Gotta love suretype...
    Last edited by sdowney83; 11-11-2006 at 03:05 PM.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah I have been doing that for a while listen mp3 while calls on hold its interesting, hopefully in the future we can do it without being on a call