Just decided to get a BT headset for occasional use (driving, conference calls, etc) with ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Moto H670 vs. H500 for Pearl

Advertisement

Just decided to get a BT headset for occasional use (driving, conference calls, etc) with my Pearl. Since the Pearl supports BT 2.0, are there any benefits (e.g. better quality, battery life, etc) with going w/ the H670 (2.0 capable) vs. the H500 (1.2 capable)?

Generally what are people's thoughts on the 670 vs. the 500? Does th 670 stay on your ear any better than the 500? According to the specs on the packaging for the 500, it gets 10 hours of talk time and 150 hrs of standby (specs on the web seem to indicate 8 and 130 or 8 and 200??), which seems better than the 670 (6 hours of talk and 200 of standby). So why would I go for the 670 over the 500?

Really new to BT so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i8aborg no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Moto H670 vs. H500 for Pearl

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    My friend has the h500. I have paired with it on my pearl and made a few calls to see if I might want to trade off my current earpiece and pick up a 500 of my own. While the call quality was better than my southwing, I was very put off by the fact that the earpiece didnot actually go into my ear at all. It kind of just dangles on your ear by the hook. It felt very loose while wearing. Since the 650 has the same flat speaker hook configuration, I can only imagine it will have the same feel. So my opinion would be, call quality good, secure feel while wearing awfull.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I am having problems with not one, but TWO, Moto H500's. The one time mine worked it worked wonderfully but felt like it wanted to fall off my ear. My mom's fits both our ears fine. I bought her's the other day to replace the POT Plantronics headset she was sold from Cingular (before they merged with AT&T). I, on the other hand, have T-Mobile.

The problem with BOTH Moto H500's is that when we paired them with our phones (I paired mine with my Pearl, a 7100T and my SideKick 3; she paired hers with a Samsung C417), is that they will NOT answer an incoming call. Both headsets worked fine for ONE call but nothing since. I have deleted the headsets off ALL 4 phones, repaired them with 3 of them (I have not repaired mine with the 7100t), and still NOTHING. We even called each other after I repaired hers and neither headset picked up the call.

When I say they worked fine the first time, I mean that both headsets picked up a call without pressing the Call button. Yesterday, my brother called her and her headset worked fine. This morning, mom tried to answer her phone and pressed the Call button. The call did not go to the headset. Mine did the same thing later. Last time mine worked without pressing the Call button was back in January.

We love the headsets as they are tiny and comfortable. I just need to know how to adjust mine to fit securely and how to get BOTH H500's to connect to our phones. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-26-2007 at 11:03 PM.

Success (as far as the pairing problem goes LOL) ...I was able to pair my mom's H500 with her phone (but turned both off as she is not using her phone or headset this time of night). I also managed to pair mine with my H500 with ALL 3 of my phones (BlackBerry 7100t and Pearl, and my SideKick 3). Now the test comes when we try to test the phones with the headsets.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ More good and bad news. One H500 works and one doesn't. Mine works so we are still trying to figure out what the deal is with my mom's. Mine picked up a call and it worked fine (once I realized it was in my jacket pocket and put it back on my ear LOL).

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Full success. My mom's H500 is now working. I had to show her how to work hers and not to press too many buttons on her headset and phone.