I have about $100 to spend. I've tried Motorola's (they tend to be to floppy) ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3

Looking to get new Bluetooth Headset

Advertisement

I have about $100 to spend. I've tried Motorola's (they tend to be to floppy) Plantronics, BlueAnt Z9 (good one but didn't want to stay in my ear securely). Can anyone point out something in that price range, that has good performance and will fit snug / securely?

So far I was looking at the Jabra BT2020 and the Invisio G5. The reviews for both seem solid, I just can't decide..

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

toadyy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Try Aliph Jawbone, Jabra JX10 II and Jabra BT8010. Those are all very good and highly rated.

junoreactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2486B0D9
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I bought the jawbone headset and was impressed by how good it looked and the noise cancellation feature which is top notch. It can highly recommended to say the least! However, I couldn't get it to fit just right! It kept falling out of place no matter what I did to try to make it fit and stay in place. I ended up returning it after a frustrating week of trying to make it work out for me. I ended up buying a Motorola H700 which has worked just right for me and was a lot cheaper too. I specially like the folding boom which turns the unit off to conserve battery power.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You mentioned something about Motorolas being too floppy (not sure what you mean by that), but I'll also vouch for the H700. I've been using one for over a year now and it's been great. I might consider changing products the next go 'round.......maybe just to the new H710 which will replace the H700. I had noticed when doing my research that a lot of the over-the-ear types didn't hug the ear snugly, but this particular model seems to have the earpiece spring-loaded somehow so when positioned properly, you shouldn't have any problem with wobble or whatever.

There are some good deals to be had on the H700 right now, too. Another stacker just got one from Amazon for less than 30 bucks, I believe.

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    You mentioned something about Motorolas being too floppy (not sure what you mean by that), but I'll also vouch for the H700. I've been using one for over a year now and it's been great. I might consider changing products the next go 'round.......maybe just to the new H710 which will replace the H700. I had noticed when doing my research that a lot of the over-the-ear types didn't hug the ear snugly, but this particular model seems to have the earpiece spring-loaded somehow so when positioned properly, you shouldn't have any problem with wobble or whatever.

There are some good deals to be had on the H700 right now, too. Another stacker just got one from Amazon for less than 30 bucks, I believe.

What I meant is that it flops around on my ear when I turn my head, it always felt as if it were about to fall off..

Quote Originally Posted by dantek View Post
    What I meant is that it flops around on my ear when I turn my head, it always felt as if it were about to fall off..
    Gotcha.....same reason I returned a few of the headsets I had before I got the H700. Don't know if you've tried that one yet, but I believe I mentioned that they have spring-loaded the earpiece somehow so that when it's positioned correctly, you shouldn't have that problem.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ive had three H700s and got really good service out of them, especially for the price. Like RoGro said, if you shop around you can get a really good deal.

Robm no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the H700 and although very good device, battery is already basically dead after about a year or so...and as far as I know, not replaceable

I've had my H700 for about a year now with no sign of it losing battery life.

Guess it depends on what you paid for it. I paid 70 bucks for mine and to get a year's worth of service out of it for 70 bucks is pretty good.