want to listen to music via Bluetooth? on your pearl? purchase the Plantronics Pulsar™ 590A ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Guevr001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EFDECD

Thumbs up Listen to music via Bluetooth on pearl, no browser trick

Advertisement

want to listen to music via Bluetooth? on your pearl? purchase the
    Plantronics Pulsar™ 590A Bluetooth® Headset

its pretty expencive but if ya shop around you can find it for around $106.00 so dont buy it directly from their site
    Product Features:

• High fidelity stereo sound for superior audio performance
    • Up to 12 hours talk time and up to 10 hours audio listening time
    • Universal adapter plugs directly into most 3.5 mm audio devices, such as iPods, to enjoy wireless stereo listening
    • Seamlessly switch between calls and music listening
    • Telescoping voice tube provides clear calls and discreet conversations
    • Foldable headset design for convenient travel and compact storage
    • Adjustable headband and pillow-soft ear cushions for superior fit and wearing comfort
    • Dedicated buttons allow call and music control functions directly from the headset
    • Convenient desktop charging stand to charge and store your headset
    • Foldable Headset, AC Charger, In-Flight Cable, USB Charger, and Travel Case included
    • For stereo listening, Bluetooth devices must support the Bluetooth Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP). Devices that do not support the A2DP profile must use the Plantronics universal adapter.
    • Bluetooth mobile phones with built-in MP3 must support the Bluetooth Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) for stereo listening.

the pearl doesnt support a2dp but plantronics supplies an adaptor. This eliminates having to do the whole browser trick. I still havent purchased it but I'll have it soon. I'll post the sound quality ASAP.
    Rumors are that the ver.4.2.3 OS RIM for the pearl will enable A2DP

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

lineus no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Listen to music via Bluetooth on pearl, no browser trick

Both Plantronics Explorer 330 and Voyager 510 headsets can play music from Pearl and 8800 when Dollars5 MultyPlay (NOT built in player) player is used.
    BB Pearl+1GbMicroSD+PalmLD+4GbSD+BT Holux GPS

Guevr001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EFDECD

Re: Listen to music via Bluetooth on pearl, no browser trick

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Let us know... Thanks.
    well I finally got it. I did have some problems. I got the device and it wouldn't hold a charge. I was able to pair it while the headset was hooked up to the outlet. I was surprised that I didnt need the adaptor to listen thru blue tooth. I loaded 5 doller and played it with the media player. Sound quality wasnt so good though. I sent it back. The design was flimsy(easy to break) and it appeared that it had bumbs and scrabs. It made me question if it was used. Anyways it was in a seal boxs, and it was made in mexico. hummmm I dont know? But I wasnt impressed with the design, and sound. Anyone else have any other suggestions?