jawbone VS Plantronics 855 which one is better?thanks.... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

kar116 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question jawbone VS Plantronics 855

Advertisement

jawbone VS Plantronics 855

which one is better?thanks.

imageworx no está en línea Stack level 1
    looks like it depends on what's more important to you,

the jawbone vids are impressive, at first I thought they were fake or enhanced. I took a look at some news related reviews that were not Jawbone ad's and it confirmed that the product worked like it advertises to. The noise canceling ability it has is amazing to me. background noise is almost nonexistent.

looks like the strong point to the Plantronics is it's ability to go from a standard mono headset to a stereo headset. This is appealing to me as I listen to alot of mp3's and vids. It uses audioIQ which is supposed to enhance call quality on both sides of the call.

From what I've read the winner on canceling background noise is the jawbone. But it has no stereo capabilities.

It would be nice to have one device that would do both. I think I'll be getting both

http://blog.treonauts.com/2008/01/plantronics-855.html

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    Check out the BlueAnt Z9. Noise cancellation is at least on par with Jawbone and it's smaller. I am very happy with mine except the current firmware doesn't auto connect to the Blackberry you have to connect from the BB.

jm4BBPearl no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pcwizpcwiz View Post
    Check out the BlueAnt Z9. Noise cancellation is at least on par with Jawbone and it's smaller. I am very happy with mine except the current firmware doesn't auto connect to the Blackberry you have to connect from the BB.

What version of the firmware are you running? I'm running the latest version (3.4) and if my connection drops because I move out of range for too long, all I have to do once I'm back in range, is press the multi-function button once on my Z9 and it reconnects to my Curve. I've never needed to re-establish the connection from my BB.

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    I am running 3.4 and I have also tried a beta of 4.0 I cannot connect to my 8320 automatically or by hitting the multi function button. I must go to connections bluetooth... on my BB.

Thanks

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by jm4BBPearl View Post
    What version of the firmware are you running? I'm running the latest version (3.4) and if my connection drops because I move out of range for too long, all I have to do once I'm back in range, is press the multi-function button once on my Z9 and it reconnects to my Curve. I've never needed to re-establish the connection from my BB.

jm4BBPearl no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pcwizpcwiz View Post
    I am running 3.4 and I have also tried a beta of 4.0 I cannot connect to my 8320 automatically or by hitting the multi function button. I must go to connections bluetooth... on my BB.

Thanks

Dan

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I have my BT set to Discoverable : YES. I may be way off here, but I'm wondering if we have any BT settings that are different which is allowing me to re-connect with the multi function button.

oBBsessed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I really like the Jawbone's sound quality, but I have found mine to be fragile--the wire earpieces tend to snap off occasionally, and the last time I had this happen and tried to replace one (I ordered a stock of them from Aliph), I managed to break off the entire earpiece. My Jawbone is now superglued back together. I've been using a Motorola H700 lately, and the sound quality is not as good, but it's actually easier to use (and doesn't have the fragility issues).

dalgibbard no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a jawbone and plantronics bluetooth headphones (with mic);
    I much prefer the plantronics as general use because of its audio quality when on the train and the such; when driving its alot more suitable to have just a jaw bone, rather than all the cabling associated with the bluetooth headphones.