I have used the original Jawbone and liked it very much, so when Jawbone 2 ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Jawbone 2 Problems

Advertisement

I have used the original Jawbone and liked it very much, so when Jawbone 2 came along I bought one, I am just not satisfied. I have a lot of difficulty positioning the unit, and people I talk to say I fade in and out, I reposition it and its OK for a while, then I get more complaints. I have tried different earpieces but the result is the same. Has anyone else had this problem or is it me? I ordered a BlueAnt Z9i, I will see if that works better.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    I won one from work, It's comfortable to me, I like it... but to me it's just another headset. Comfortable yes, but as far as noise cancelling... the person I'm on the phone with hears all the background noise which sucks... and I hear stuff in teh background over the actual person!!! Example, I was talking to my GF on her breack and told her to turn down the TV in the breakroom and have the people in there talk quieter... she told me she was outside and there was the closesst people where 10 feet away... I was hearing there conversation ontop of a ton of background noise! But for a free headset, it's pretty sweet and better than my plantronics!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    ask
    I just got a BlueAnt Z9i and like it MUCH more than the Jawbone 2, better in every way.

bsharp74653 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Here is some demo videos and information on the JawBone 2 for anyone interested!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=cpGX_FP1Pgk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AxGVH39rlFQ

Advanced DSP Algorithms:
    The NoiseAssassin algorithms were developed over a number of years for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).

Patented VAS:
    Jawbone's Voice Activity Sensor (VAS) is able to detect very accurately when the person is talking and capture the frequencies of his or her speech even in the presence of noise.

[The white piece in the below picture that touches your cheek]

In the tradition of bringing together beauty and science, the new Jawbone is a miracle of miniaturization and 50% smaller than the original award-winning Jawbone. Every effort has been made to contain best in class noise elimination technology in the most unassuming, yet richly detailed product.

I've researched this JawBone 2 headset for 2 days straight while i have been working, I ordered it Tuesday and had it overnight for $20 extra I'll have it in a few hours delivered to my work. So as far as a personal opinion, I cannot give this to you yet, But I'm very sure I'll love the look, feel, and technology behind this headset, It has many users whom which swear by this headset. I hope this has helped

PIN/ID
    ask
    I still think the BlueAnt is SUPERIOR! If the little white piece moves away from your cheekbone, the person on the other end does not hear you. The original Jawbone worked better because it had a little weight behind it, the Jawbone2 is just too light in my opinion. I used the BlueAnt Z9i for several weeks and the positioning is not as critical, in my opinion it is just easier to use.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by bbueding View Post
    I still think the BlueAnt is SUPERIOR! If the little white piece moves away from your cheekbone, the person on the other end does not hear you. The original Jawbone worked better because it had a little weight behind it, the Jawbone2 is just too light in my opinion. I used the BlueAnt Z9i for several weeks and the positioning is not as critical, in my opinion it is just easier to use.
    You are correct about the positioning of the jaw sensor. We have sold the original in our shop and made sure customers understood that the different earloops also changed the angle of the headset against their face to bring the sensor in closer if need be. That is the one downside to the Jawbone is making sure it stays in the right position.

Personally I use a WEP350 that I got at CTIA and have been very happy with it. Took me a couple of days to get used to it being in my ear (came from a moto h500) but love the weight and comfort. Only my wife complains when I use it and she says there is an echo of her voice on it.

Zo