I want to get a 7100i which is a Nextel device (push to talk walkie ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

How to get PTT with bluetooth in 7100i???

Advertisement

I want to get a 7100i which is a Nextel device (push to talk walkie talkie), and I'd love to use a bluetooth car adapter to route all the audio through the car's speakers (stupid Ford doesn't equip their cars with Bluetooth). My big problem is that I'm a big PTT user (Push to talk, the walkie talkie part), and I'm used to having a wired button that sits on my leg which is what Motorola provided with their hard install kits on my other model nextel phone. No such thing exists for blackberry. Does anyone have a solution for PTT? or will I have to keep the phone on my lap in order to press the PTT button? Of course this will limit range, which was another thing Motorola did with their cradle. Once the phone was in the cradle the phone got charged, hooked to a window antenna, hooked to a PTT button, hooked to an external speaker and muted the stereo. Lots of functionality, all missing if I want to use a blackberry. Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Roveer

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: How to get PTT with bluetooth in 7100i???

welcome to pinstack. Sorry we missed this will check this out in a bit.

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

I've come to see that I'm alone in my desire to have similar functions to the motorola hard install kits that can be purchased for other nextel phones as I've posted on half a dozen message boards and spoke with my Nextel dealer at length and I've received very little response. I'm guessing that my heavy direct connect nextel usage especially when driving and desire to have blackberry functionality are not something that other blackberry users desire. Either that or they don't mind holding the phone while they are driving, or reaching over to hit the PTT button. My Nextel dealer doesn't see at all what it is that I want. So when I have to mount the phone down low in order to reach the PTT button, my reception (bars) will suffer, my inability to charge, microphone, antenna, speaker & PTT my blackberry like I do when I put my current nextel in the cradle (no wires to plug in) has been abandoned by blackberry as not necessary.

My dealer actually suggested that I get the blackberry for data only and holster 2 devices on my belt. Batman I'm not and will not consider two devices to carry around. I'll keep watching for a solution, but it would appear that I may be moving my hard install kit to my new car and living with my old outdated nextel with it's limited data capabilities.

If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. I very much appreciate the input that I have received so far.

Regards,

Roveer

rnwjr no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone make one yet???

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

I use a wired earbud with the PTT button on it. I have my 7100i up on my dashboard via the nice holder I got with the Telenav service. The Telenav voice does not work with a Bluetooth headset so I have the wired one. I have a Bluetooth for when I'm away from the car but it won't do PTT.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Quote Originally Posted by Roveer View Post
    I want to get a 7100i which is a Nextel device (push to talk walkie talkie), and I'd love to use a bluetooth car adapter to route all the audio through the car's speakers (stupid Ford doesn't equip their cars with Bluetooth). My big problem is that I'm a big PTT user (Push to talk, the walkie talkie part), and I'm used to having a wired button that sits on my leg which is what Motorola provided with their hard install kits on my other model nextel phone. No such thing exists for blackberry. Does anyone have a solution for PTT? or will I have to keep the phone on my lap in order to press the PTT button? Of course this will limit range, which was another thing Motorola did with their cradle. Once the phone was in the cradle the phone got charged, hooked to a window antenna, hooked to a PTT button, hooked to an external speaker and muted the stereo. Lots of functionality, all missing if I want to use a blackberry. Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Roveer
    7100i is a BLACKBERRY device, not a nextel device. Several companies utilize the PTT feature of the 7100i on their PTT networks.

That said, I was a little miffed when I purchased a 7100i to replace a lost i880 Motorla Mike phone. The bluetooth only works for regular phone calls. It is completely useless for bluetooth PTT . Not only do I know lose my pushbutton feature, I must hold the stupid device about 1/2 an inch from my ear in order to hear what anyone is saying over the engine of my trucks.