Hi all! I would appreciate very much if somebody could give me an advice regarding ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

tiro no está en línea Stack level 2

how to enable bluetooth if it is locked by IT policy?

Advertisement

Hi all!

I would appreciate very much if somebody could give me an advice regarding the thread item.

At the moment there are only two services in the list:
    - headset;
    - handsfree;

Thanks beforehand,
    tiro
    Last edited by tiro; 12-23-2006 at 02:31 PM.

Sorry guys,
    I didn't mention what kind of features I need to activate. I need to be able to connect BB with DM via bluetooth.
    Sorry again and thanks,
    tiro

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    tiro, Are you the BB Admin, or are you trying to get around the IT policy placed on your BB? I don't know exactly how to edit the Policy to accomplish this, but if it can be done someone will be along with the correct procedure/settings in the Policy Manager.

Just a bit of advice, concerning questions about BES Procedures and Administration, they will probably get better responses if you post them in the BES Admin and Hosted BES Forum, next time.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Rcbjr,

thanks for the answer! sorry if i published my question at the wrong place! I will ask there.

I am BES user and I am trying to find out is it possible or not. I asked this question to my corporate admins, unfortunately they can't help me.

Thx,
    tiro

mitchie55 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246ceeba
    Try this link - It worked for me to remove all policy restrictions.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Tiro, it's not the wrong place, it's just that some of the members who are the BES experts don't always read the posts on all forums, but the do read each on in the BES forum.

Your BB admin would have to be the one to modify the BB IT policy on your hand held for you. They are the only ones authorized to do so. And as I said before, trying to bypass the Policy by yourself, can get you in a lot of trouble, but I'm sure you know that.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Don't try to bypass BB IT policies. If your employer cares enough to bother to use them you can bet that they care enough to take disciplilary action when you attempt to bypass them.

Are you sure that IT policy is what is restricting you from syncing via BT? RIM's knowledgebase article on the matter mentions that you must be using the Microsoft BT driver for your PC's BT adapter and not the OEM driver.