I am running WinXP SP2 and Toshiba Bluetooth Stack Drivers that shipped with the sony ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

realonedet no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP - Trying to use Bluetooth with VGN-SZ280P and Blackberry 8703

Advertisement

I am running WinXP SP2 and Toshiba Bluetooth Stack Drivers that shipped with the sony vaio notebook.

The Blackberry Desktop Manager (v4.1.1.9) shows the 'Enable Bluetooth Support' grayed out (disabled).

I have read that running the Windows XP SP2 Bluetooth Stack should work but I cannot get it to work on the Sony Hardware (supposed to be built in ?), any help is appreciated.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: HELP - Trying to use Bluetooth with VGN-SZ280P and Blackberry 8703

Hi real, welcome to pinstack. Sorry I have no advice for you, just bumping this for a more experienced user to assist you.

senna174 no está en línea Stack level 2

This is what you will have to do.
    1. Open the Add/Remove Program under Control Panel and uninstall "Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba", which is currently installed, and then reboot your PC.
    2. Install "Bluetooth Monitor (BtMon2Inst.exe)" software from the "C:\TOSHIBA\MS_Bluetooth" folder.
    3. "Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Stack" will be installed automatically. Open the Control Panel and open "Bluetooth Device" to configure the settings (to display the Bluetooth icon to the task bar, open "Options" tab and enable "Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area").

You are all set.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Did this resolve your problem?
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

realonedet no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: HELP - Trying to use Bluetooth with VGN-SZ280P and Blackberry 8703

no i did try it but it did not seem to work. But i did manage to a fix that worked:

To view it, just google 'hellalame bluetooth' and it should be in the first two links. (actually on another BB forum but i cant post links here for some reason, maybe so I wont cross promote )

The WinXP bluetooth drivers are not compatible with the built in antenna on my sony notebook, but this seemingly simple task (updating the bth.inf file to 'see' the hardware ID) did the trick. After i updated the file, the hardware was recognized and I was able to config desktop manager to connect via BT.

For those who need it, I hope it works, Thanks to all for your help!