The blackberry software doesnt recognize any stack or drivers other than Microsoft and most of ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

ggmleko no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb For Anyone Who Is Having Problems With Bluetooth Sync, Here Is The Answer

Advertisement

The blackberry software doesnt recognize any stack or drivers other than Microsoft and most of you have toshiba, or at least I did. Here is the solution, it took me a week to figure it out so I will save everyone else the time.

1. google bth.inf and download it to your desktop, rename it to bth.inf
    2. click on start and then run, type in %windir%\inf into the command line, it will open up a folder with all of windows drivers, drag and drop the bth.inf file in there.
    3. go to your control panel and uninstall your current stack driver for bluetooth, it will say something along the lines of bluetooth stack for windows by toshiba.
    4. restart your computer
    5. when windows recognizes the new hardware, click to search for the software automatically. Windows will find and install it all on its own.

Now your blackberry software will recognize it, and you can configure it.

DONE

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: For Anyone Who Is Having Problems With Bluetooth Sync, Here Is The Answer

Great contribution. Thanks!

bcoryat no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: For Anyone Who Is Having Problems With Bluetooth Sync, Here Is The Answer

I tried this and ended up with "Cannot Install this Hardware" wizard could not find the necessary software.

Advice?

Thanks

make sure you uninstall the toshiba stack and restart, what kind of computer do you have ???

make sure you rename the file to exactly bth.inf, then move it into the driver folder like I put above. Make sure you downloaded the right file too. email me, and I will send it to you if you arent sure. soldonjerry@yahoo.com

bdurovni no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ggmleko
    make sure you rename the file to exactly bth.inf, then move it into the driver folder like I put above. Make sure you downloaded the right file too. email me, and I will send it to you if you arent sure. soldonjerry@yahoo.com
    Hi,
    I have a BB 8700g and a Sony sz3600, I've dowloaded, renamed and placed the bth file, I unistalled the toshiba stack, but after the restart i got a message saying that cannot install this software for the UGX. I am lost, any other clue. Thanks

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I know there's a very detailed thread on BlackberryForums.com that explains how to do this. I haven't seen its counterpart here yet...

Madinat no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ggmleko
    The blackberry software doesnt recognize any stack or drivers other than Microsoft and most of you have toshiba, or at least I did. Here is the solution, it took me a week to figure it out so I will save everyone else the time.

1. google bth.inf and download it to your desktop, rename it to bth.inf
    2. click on start and then run, type in %windir%\inf into the command line, it will open up a folder with all of windows drivers, drag and drop the bth.inf file in there.
    3. go to your control panel and uninstall your current stack driver for bluetooth, it will say something along the lines of bluetooth stack for windows by toshiba.
    4. restart your computer
    5. when windows recognizes the new hardware, click to search for the software automatically. Windows will find and install it all on its own.

Now your blackberry software will recognize it, and you can configure it.

DONE
    sorry to jump into things without an intro...but i'm frustrated beyond belief trying to find an sp2 ms stack manager. i've googled bth.inf but got nothing (useful that is, lots of places LINK the file, but none i saw actually had it), can you link your results please?

miro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179D82A

I tried your fix yesterday and it worked perfectly. Out of curiosity, am I missing anything now that I don't have the toshiba stack vs the microsoft ??

melonman12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I know this thread is old, but I stumbled on it and decided to try it with my Dell laptop. Unfortunately I have not been successful yet. Mainly, I think, because I cannot get Windows (XP sp2) to see the bluetooth hardware properly- it keeps trying to install a USB device, which of course does not want to accept the bth.inf file as a driver. I am going to Google my problem to see if I can find an answer, but if any one has experienced the same problem I would love to hear a solution.

Thanks!