Yeah, laugh it up. Last week I reported that I had lost my BlueTooth. Well ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Dropped My BlueTooth In The Toilet

Advertisement

Yeah, laugh it up. Last week I reported that I had lost my BlueTooth. Well I found it 2 days ago. Today I was at work and I was "relieving myself" when a cold chill came over me. Now, I did find the HEADSET but I still haven't found the over the ear clip, so it was just there with the bud. I shivered when the cold chill came over me and felt it fall. I went to grab it but wasn't quick enough and "plop" right into the toilet. The toilet brush was there so I quickly scooped it out. Obviously I haven't tried to turn it back on because I don't know how much sanitizing it would take for me to feel comfortable to touch it. Now is the dilema...just throw it out or try and claim it stopped working.

Good thing it wasn't the BB itself. Whew.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Dropped My BlueTooth In The Toilet

Clean it off real good, open it up and wash it, dry it, put it back together and take it back to the store. If Home Depot will take back a broken used toilet seat...I think you're in good shape. You still got the receipt? Hahahahahah.

I'm so nervous about that happening, I always have my hand on my blackberry when I'm near a toilet. OR I'll set it down far away before I go near it.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Yeah, still have the reciept. Could only return it to the store within 30 days so I am assuming I will have to get ahold of plantronics directly. Hope their CSR reps don't frequent this board. Atleast I wasn't doing #2...hahahahahaha. That would have been a real mess.

dwella no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2038FB36

Well at first I thought this was a thread from Arkansas. lol than I thought what a dilemma!!! I couldn't put it back in my ear but I would take it back just make sure to really disable it so they don't just resell it......yuk

d

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7BC0A703

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Yeah, laugh it up. Last week I reported that I had lost my BlueTooth. Well I found it 2 days ago. Today I was at work and I was "relieving myself" when a cold chill came over me. Now, I did find the HEADSET but I still haven't found the over the ear clip, so it was just there with the bud. I shivered when the cold chill came over me and felt it fall. I went to grab it but wasn't quick enough and "plop" right into the toilet. The toilet brush was there so I quickly scooped it out. Obviously I haven't tried to turn it back on because I don't know how much sanitizing it would take for me to feel comfortable to touch it. Now is the dilema...just throw it out or try and claim it stopped working.

Good thing it wasn't the BB itself. Whew.
    LMAO.....LOL what the hell was you doing...like I did not know.....LMAO next time don't take it to the bathroom with you......haha....oops could not help myself.....well lets hope they are not into forums because they may have found out already.....how long have you had it?? just tell them it broke..it don't work whatever...good luck!!

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

LMAO.....LOL what the hell was you doing...like I did not know.....LMAO next time don't take it to the bathroom with you......haha....oops could not help myself.....well lets hope they are not into forums because they may have found out already.....how long have you had it?? just tell them it broke..it don't work whatever...good luck!!
    You could just tell the store it just doesn't have that "new" smell anymore and you no longer like it.

Lovellbird

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by lovellbird
    You could just tell the store it just doesn't have that "new" smell anymore and you no longer like it.

Lovellbird
    Touche...Very Nice...

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Yeah, laugh it up. Last week I reported that I had lost my BlueTooth. Well I found it 2 days ago.
    For years it's been one of my recurring nightmares that I would drop my mobile phone or PDA in the "drink" -- enough so that I've been very careful when approaching any facility associated with liquids.

That said, I really prefer to take my device along with me for those "long jobs" so I can get some organizational work done. Now that I have a BB, I'm more likely to use it while in the lavatory because I often find myself with inspiration when immobilized for any period of time.

So, now my nightmare is dropping my BB in the "drink." You can be assured I will take special care when approaching "wet areas" to keep my device secured!

One thing I appreciate is the leather holster I bought as part of my start-up package. It's the 8700c holster Cingular sells in their regular stores. It really is secure on my belt and holds the device tightly. I'm hoping it is roomy enough for the extended battery and door I intend to purchase.

I think I'll start a new thread on the battery, door, and holster issue.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by lovellbird

Lovellbird
    That's hilarious!

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

It was good, wasn't it!

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Blackberry, Bluetooth headset (nor previous Cell phone or Pocket PC) EVER....EVER came near toilet. If I had to go, I would secure the device into pant pocket AWAY from the BOWL.

Couple of hundred bucks PLOPPIN into the toilet...PLUS no communication device!
    NO WAY I would flip out.

tippndown no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3012D2AF

lol that sucks.....I've had a bad toilet experience with my blackberry before that takes the cake.....it involves a bad holster, a wet blackberry, and there was no toilet water involved lol

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    N8, that would be pretty crappy if you returned it! ( Bad pun, I know!)

jamkilm3 no está en línea Stack level 1

all i can do is laugh my but off at this post i can not believe it... but on a good note i have droped my plantronics headset it a cup of juice and to my wonder it still worked... then it went into a cup of mike and the same thing still working... but i have learned not to have it with me when i am drinking.. lol...
    Thanks...
    JIm