About every other time, when i disconnect my Bluetooth headset (Plantronics 510, v1.2) from my ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

cmancuso no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ????

Disconnect Bluetooth headset reboots 7130e

Advertisement

About every other time, when i disconnect my Bluetooth headset (Plantronics 510, v1.2) from my 7130e, i reboots the BB. I had Verizon send me a new 7130e, and after setting that one up, the same thing is happening. I went to radio shack and made them replace the headset (which is the best bluetooth headset i have found) and it still is happening.

This is a pretty annoying issue as it takes a long time for the 7130e to reboot.

I was wondering if anyone else is having similar problems?

thanks, Carl

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Disconnect Bluetooth headset reboots 7130e

might be compatibility issue with the 4.1 OS and Plantronics 510 v1.2.

Try pairing a different model BT headset such as a common Motorola from a friend or coworker and check results.

Good luck!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Hmm thats weird. I have used a Plantronics 510 with a 7290 and 7100g (both w/ 4.1) with no problem. Go to your Bluetooth settings for the 510. Make sure that trusted is set to yes and enryption is enabled. I don't know if that will make a difference but those are what my settings are and I don't have any problems.

PIN/ID
    ????

Just wanted you to know i changed the bluetooth settings as you suggested and the reboot hasnt ocurred in a week now

thanks for the advice.

awesome forum.

carl

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I'm glad it worked. Enjoy your stay at the 'stack!

drichman no está en línea Stack level 1

For anyone considering installing either the Bell or Telus OS to resolve the bluetooth reboot, I have two words: do it. The installation, following the instructions posted at howardforums.com, for example, went very smoothly and the phone worked exactly as a bluetooth phone should work immediately after the installation was complete. Sitting in my den, about twenty feet from my car (parked in the garage), the phone immediately located the car kit and asked if I wanted to pair the two devices. Every time I get into the car, the car kit emits a beep within thirty seconds indicating that the phone has connected with the car kit...no more having the manually connect the phone to the car kit and no more holding my breath hoping that the phone doesn't crash while or as a result of it connecting to the car kit. As an aside, the experience only reinforces everything I've come to know and expect about Verizonwireless over the past several years: that they put more emphasis on bringing products out than on the needs and concerns of its customers. VZW's work on its OS, by comparison to the Bell OS just seems sloppy. Beyond its failure to get the problems with BT ironed out before releasing the OS, the VZW designers couldn't even get the battery icon (notcie that the icon appears sliced in half) fully drawn. Just plain sloppy. Unfotunately, VZW is the only provider with the 7130e in my area so I'm stuck with them. Otherwise, this constant dumbing down of its equipment (I also own a V710 which was so shoddy that it's been the subject of a class action suit) has gotten very old.

fpinzon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    flip

thanks for the advice on the Os for the 7130e. This is great news and will hopefully end my reboot issues when I tether with my laptop!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I had a similar problem with a Plantronics BT headset and my 7100t. The headset would drop calls and I would have to either call the person back or wait for them to call me back. It got to the point where I went back to the original headset that came with the phone. Anyone have this problem with the 7105t yet?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Also forgot to mention that the 7100t had many problems pairing with the particular BT headset I had.

Danimal no está en línea Stack level 2

I just had my first reboot. I went ahead and set the trusted to yes and haven't had a problem yet (cross my fingers). Glad there is a place like this to troubleshoot problems.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome!"

PIN/ID
    ????

The reboots started occuring again after about 2 weeks of running clean. they are intermittent, but are still very annoying. It seems a hard reset helps them to be fewer and farther between.

I have also just upgraded my 7130e to the latest version of the OS. Version 4.1.0.268 that i'm hoping fixes the problem for good.

i'll let all know if that does it

C

Danimal no está en línea Stack level 2

I just had my second reboot. However, I got a Motorola HS850 in today and it was turned off when this happened. I went to turn the bluetooth power back on and the 7130 jut seemed to lock up and then reboot. It was weird.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome!"