I wanted to be able to use the bluetooth to synch up my 8703e with ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

tmgibs no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Bluetooth Support

Advertisement

I wanted to be able to use the bluetooth to synch up my 8703e with my laptop. I tried a couple of different dongles but couldn't get the Intellisync software(owned by Nokia by the way) to even recognize a Bluetooth connnection. I did have the device paired with a BlueSoleil EDR dongle with both Intellisync and BS pointed to virtual port COM11 but Intellisync didn't recognize the connection. What does the desktop manager support or what will see Intellisync and just finish the job?

TG

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: Desktop Bluetooth Support

I tried doing this also but couldn't get it to work. All I could do was do file transfers but couldn't sync it up using bluetooth. I think there are only certain dongles that you can use with your bb. Look on google for dongles supported by bb.

Hope this helped,

COJO 24

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Definitely refer to the HowTo or RIM's knowledgebase (I think it's exactly the same info).

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by tmgibs
    I wanted to be able to use the bluetooth to synch up my 8703e with my laptop. I tried a couple of different dongles but couldn't get the Intellisync software(owned by Nokia by the way) to even recognize a Bluetooth connnection. I did have the device paired with a BlueSoleil EDR dongle with both Intellisync and BS pointed to virtual port COM11 but Intellisync didn't recognize the connection. What does the desktop manager support or what will see Intellisync and just finish the job?

TG
    DTM will only recognise the windows BT stack, not the toshiba, BLuesoleil or any of the others...

vw1pntatet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2420a639

I went to Radio Shack and bought a dongle and it work perfectly. It is 2.0+EDR and the company name is bluespoon.