I have a question. I was wondering if i could listen to the music on ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

kevin430 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Could you listen to music through bluetooth on the Pearl?

Advertisement

I have a question.
    I was wondering if i could listen to the music on my pearl through my bluetooth wirelessly.

1 more question...
    Could you record videos on PEARL?
    Thanks.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3
    No and no.

siscolee no está en línea Stack level 1
    yes you can

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by siscolee
    yes you can
    The Blackberry Pearl does not have A2DP profile so you cant listen through Bluetooth.

The Pearl also does not support video recording.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    siscolee, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

siscolee no está en línea Stack level 1
    HI
    have you tried listening to your music through bluetooth?
    not mp3 quality but it works

I can also connect my desktop w/windows 2000 through bluetooth which these forums said I couldn't do either

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: Could you listen to music through bluetooth on the Pearl?

siscolee, please share with us on how you've managed this. I would love to comfigure my girlfriends pearl. She continues to bug me w/ this question daily.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

It is possible. but there is away around it..something like have your music playing ,call your voicemail or something...I saw it when I first joined. not having a Pearl myself, I am not 100% sure if it works.

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

Check the multimedia thread and the 8100 thread, they have instructions for "tricking the pearl" to play on a paired headset. That being said, it's not pretty, in fact it's downright assinine, but it works.

Logitech has a Bluetooth headset with a dongle that allows you to plug the dongle into the pearl but I haven't confirmed the pin configuration as the pearl uses a special 2.5mm plug.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

there is actually a way to listen to music through bluetooth but its complicated and once you start playing it you can't touch any buttons or it will stop. Its actually a glitch kinda. As for the video recording, that isn't possible yet but a 3rd party app could change that. Someone i saw was actually hacking a 3rd party video recording app for a different device but could only get the app to record and not save onto the device so you could play it back later.

There is alot of info on both of these if you just search on this forum. Hope my info helped you out,

COJO 24

swg1cor14 no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Re: Could you listen to music through bluetooth on the Pearl?

THERE IS A WAY!!! And it doesn't require you to do that stupid phone call thing either!

We all know you can accomplish this task through the wired headset right? Well it may cost a little more $$ to do this but only about $30.

Get one of those Bluetooth adapters that make a non-bluetooth enabled phone a BT-enabled phone. I got one through RadioShack part number 170-0966. Just make sure it has the stereo plug on it.

Turn off bluetooth on your phone.
    Pair your headset to this adapter (BTA II)
    Plug in adapter to side stereo jack.
    Voila!

Here's some tips: Always answer your phone through your earpiece because if you haven't listened to music or talked in a while, the adapter will go into standby and then if you answer via the phone buttons itself, the adapter will not link to the earpiece until your caller says something. And trust me, they won't say something right away. If you answer via your earpiece, give it a sec or two and then talk.

You can pause and play your music via the earpiece too!

The only thing I couldn't figure out how to do was hang up via the earpiece. It may just be mine. Because mine will only disconnect the link between the earpiece and the adapter so I just reach down and push the hangup button on my phone. I've done it enough that I can feel my way to the button rather quickly with out unholstering it.

It CAN be tricky however if you have other things paired to the blackberry such as a GPS receiver but can be resolved by setting your earpiece in your Blackberry's bluetooth devices to not automatically connect. That way it won't pair unexpectedly.

Hope this helps!

numoinie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23de7ee2

i need someone to E mail me the how to steps to get the music to play in my bluetooh...????? erictemplejr@tmo.blackberry.net

CujoSR no está en línea Stack level 1

Does the new firmware for the 8100 help any bluetooth playing music?

dwyant no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204df18f

What about the new bluetooth headsets from motorola, the ones that go behind your head and play your music in both ears. I have heard some cons about them, but would they work with Pearl I wonder?

sosadr1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I bought the Motorola S9 (the BT that goes behind your neck). I paired it with the pearl and the phone sound very clear (but it's mono) and I also listen to music with the dollars 5 software but it's also mono. I wish they can resolve that ADPD issue and let us have stereo sound through bluetooth.