Apologies if this is the incorrect forum. Does anyone have any experience with connecting a ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Gadget Guy no está en línea Stack level 1

Connecting to a Sony MEXBT2600 Car Stereo

Advertisement

Apologies if this is the incorrect forum.

Does anyone have any experience with connecting a Blackberry (8130 preferably) to a Sony MEXBT2600 car stereo?

I am specifically interested in whether or not I can connect the BB via A2DP to the stereo and stream music from the media player. If my understanding of BT is correct, I should be able to do this - but I am hoping someone can provide some real world confirmation.

Thanks!

GG

rtdixon no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Sony MEXBT2600

The 8130 works great with the Sony unit. Getting the bluetooth link set up was a little tricky. After that, whenever I turned on the radio, the link automatically happend. I used it all the time to stream music from the pearl via bluetooth to the radio. (Both stored music and stations from Berrytunes.) It worked well until someone stole my radio.

Fantastic! Thanks for the information.

If you would indulge me - I have 2 follow on questions:

1. When pairing, can you select the A2DP profile once the BB has found the car stereo? (my apologies - I have never used anything other than the Handsfree profile with my plantronics headset, so I am not sure how I would enable the A2DP)

2. Am I correct in assuming that even if I am using A2DP profile, it will still work as a "handsfree" speaker phone when I get a call? How is the quality?

Thanks!

GG

dr_devious no está en línea Themes Pro
    I use the Sony BT-2500 and it is great with my Curve. I get in with it connected to my BlackBerry/Plantronics headset, hit button #6 and then it connects the stereo profile and streams music from the Curve. When I get a call it rings to the headset and pauses the music.
    BlackBerry Themes:
    From your PC: www.socksinsideout.com
    From you BB: mobile.socksinsideout.com

Questions:
    Email me: sales@socksinsideout.com

Appreciate the information folks!

A question for dr_devious - when pressing #6 (on the phone or head unit), it transfers the call to the BT headset - so your BB can be paired to 2 devices at the same time?

And last question - does the head unit display the MP3 tag information when connected via BT (not a big deal, but am curious)?

Thanks again for responding!

GG