I must be the only one having this problem because I have scoured the planet ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Mofo no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Can't sync 8100 w/Vaio using bluetooth

Advertisement

I must be the only one having this problem because I have scoured the planet in search of an answer and apparently I stand alone. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ160P notebook running XP Pro, a shiney new pearl, my usb cable and Desktop manager installed and working fine. I can sync like a charm via USB, but the Bluetooth option is grayed out. I've read the posts that refer to the naitive BT support in Windows, followed all the other instructions I could find that worked for "non-dell" notebooks (apparently Dells work fine w/BT) and nothing has worked yet.

My notebook has the Toshiba BT chip because that's the only driver that will work. I've uninstalled all BT from my system, then from device manager tried to browse to the bth.inf file for the BT hardware device in the windows/inf folder, no luck. I scoured the Sony site (which sucks BTW) and nothing. I'll try allot of thing, but I refuse to call Sony. They will only waste my time and remind of how much they suck. Has anyone with a Sony NB gotten BT to work for syncing outlook with their Pearl? Almost forgot to mention that I can pair them easily and even transfer files via BT, just can't sync.

Please help..

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it was my understanding that you could not sync with BT. Atlest on the Mac side.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Yea i have not been able to sync with BT. Thats with my desk top though. I can transfer files to my PC with my pearl but for some reason I'm not able to transfer to my from my PC to my pearl. And syncing I think is totally out of the question. I'm running windows xp with a kensington BT adapter. Weird? I just gave up and used the USB cable.

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE
    Not able to sync via bluetooth here either. Tried everything. I can transfer files one at a time though.

Mofo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Glad to see I'm not the only one. I read a post on another forum about a guy that got his BT Sync to work on a Vaio, but I can't fnd that post anymore and there were no instructions anyway. I wonder if I could get a USB BT adapter (Not Toshiba) and plug it into my docking station and use that? Then just disable the internal one on my notebook. I would only sync when it's in the docking station anyway. Does that sound possible?