I have an unlimited Blackberry Internet Service, my service provider tell me I cant use ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

Rennie20062006 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24200DCF

Can the Balckberry be used as a modem

Advertisement

I have an unlimited Blackberry Internet Service, my service provider tell me I cant use it as dial up(a modem) they said if i do i will have to pay per megabite, this sounds ridiculous we should be able to use it as a modem within the plan.Let me know I now bought it

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Can the Balckberry be used as a modem

Hi, rennie welcome to the stacks! You can setup what's called tethering. Depending on your provider you might have to have a separate plan. See the Similar Threads section above your post for other information about tethering.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T

I'm not sure about everyone else; but I know that with Verizon there is a 5GB limit to their "unlimited data plan" ~ If you have something similar to that, tethering your BB may reduce the amount of data you can view on your phone. I also know that with Verizon they have a package for an additional $30 which will allow you to tether your BB permanently.

Though the only people who are going to be able to give you a straight-forward answer without any turns what so ever, is going to be your service provider. Good luck!

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Yes, before you start tethering I would definitely see what your provider says about any extra costs you might incur.