I have just installed a Sony Ericsson HCB-700 hands free car kit. My 8700 pairs ... Bluetooth Connectivity forum

oldcmo no está en línea Stack level 1

Can I get my 8700 to use all features on a bluetooth handsfree car kit

Advertisement

I have just installed a Sony Ericsson HCB-700 hands free car kit. My 8700 pairs with it just fine, but the really useful car kit features - eg being able to access the 8700 contacts directly and dial straight from the car kit - don't work. Is there anything that I can do to fix? I have v4.1.0.286 (Platform 2.0.0.124) running on the Orange network. Would a software update help?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Can I get my 8700 to use all features on a bluetooth handsfree car kit

I would say if there is a software update available for either go for it.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Hi oldcmo and welcome to the stacks. I use a simlar Sony Ericsson Bluetooth headset with my 8700g. When users rave about BB capability, its a cert they won't be talking about bluetooth:cry: The only functionality with your OS software is to use the 8700 to receive calls handsfree. There currently isn't any OS fpr the 8700 that will allow it to do any more than this. The proposed 88** series is next out and will have voice dialling and MAYBE file transfer, but for now your headset is for taking calls hands free. Er, thats it folks!

cjudge no está en línea Stack level 1

I was worried about the same, but amazingly both my old 7130e and 8703e have all functionality enabled including call logs and directory with my new Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS system. Haven't testing with my uninstalled Motorola bluetooth hands free kit, but I do know that the blackberry (7130e at least) only allows you to pickup and hang up the phone with my Burton Audex jacket (which has Motorola electronics). I think Motorola has a problem with RIM equiment through Bluetooth.

oldcmo no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks all for your advice. Any idea exactly what is lacking in the BB Operating System to allow it to work with the Sony Ericsson? as the Sony works with a number of different phones from different manufacturers, they must all use the same protocol/standard to allow them to operate successfully. Any idea what that protocol/standard is? Thanks in anticipation...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

They're not designed for more than headset, GPS, and data sync via USB.